Food & Beverage Supervisor
Scotiabank Convention Centre6815 Stanley Avenue, Niagara Falls Ontario Canada L2G 3Y9
About the Position
TYPICALLY REPORTS TO: Director of Food & Beverage Operations
Under limited supervision, this position works closely to assist with the
preparation, set up and overall operations of Catering/Retail Functions.
As our singular goal is to be #1 in Event Hospitality, all of our managers, chefs and
employees are “Hospitality Ambassadors.”
• Scheduling, training, orientation and discipline of staff.
• Coordinate and supervise the execution of all Catering/Retail functions.
• Direct and assist Team Members during the event.
• Supervise cleanup and breakdown of function and account for all equipment and
• Assist with hiring, training and supervising banquet staff.
• Minimize legal liability and conform to the regulations of the alcohol beverage
• Have the ability to perform all positions in Catering Retail operations in order to
supervise, direct and train all Team Members.
• Enforce sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness and maintenance of
kitchen and/or dining areas.
• Ensure compliance with all applicable health and safety regulations.
• Maintain inventory management and assist in ordering supplies as directed.
• Operate cash register, restocking, washing counters, operating ovens and other
• Perform other related duties, tasks and responsibilities as required from time to time.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Knowledge of food production and service.
• 2 years experience in a similar position.
• Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree.