Travel Gay Canada is Canada’s national gay and lesbian tourism industry association. Its goal is to provide gay and lesbian travelers with products and services that meet their needs and expectations, and to better inform them of the unique and vast travel opportunities and experiences available within Canada.
The objectives of Travel Gay Canada are:
- To promote Canada as a four season gay and lesbian travel destination
- To promote Canada as a safe, open and liberal destination
- To promote Canada’s gay and lesbian product on behalf of all businesses and associations
- To promote the diversity of tourism experiences available within Canada
- To expand nationally the range of tourism products and activities available to the gay and lesbian travel market by creating linkages between the various sectors of the tourism industry to facilitate the development of an of inventory of saleable tourism products
- To add legitimacy to the value of the gay and lesbian travel market to Canada
- To perform an advocacy role on issues related to gay and lesbian tourism
- To develop a clearer understanding of the gay and lesbian travel market through market analysis and needs assessment
- To assist in sustaining gay and lesbian culture within Canada
- To share resources, skills, and knowledge within the network of stakeholders in order to minimize duplication and maximize efforts
Travel Gay Canada was one of several program areas created by the Canadian Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce. Its mandate is to improve the economic opportunities for LGBT owned and friendly businesses operating within the tourism industry.