The Greater Niagara Transit Commission was established in 1960, by an Act of Provincial Parliament that grants the City of Niagara Falls and the Township of Stamford authority to operate a public transit system within the City of Niagara Falls and the Township of Stamford subject to the approval of Council and in accordance with the Public Vehicles Act and the Highway Traffic Act.
The Niagara Chair-A-Van service was established in 1977 to provide transportation for the physically challenged. It is estimated that 20% of our population will have disabilities within the next two decades. As a result, reliance upon public transportation will grow as more people stop driving, or drive less, and demand other forms of transportation due to their disabilities. Niagara Transit will grow to be an even bigger and more indispensable component to the health of our community. Our community will directly benefit by the ability of all people to use the service of the Niagara Transit and Niagara Chair-A-Van to travel to work and school, to attend medical appointments, to run errands, to attend cultural and recreational events and to socialize.
Niagara Transit and Niagara-Chair-A-Van are committed to:
- continual improvement of access to public transportation premises, facilities and service for people and employee’s with disabilities
- inclusion of people with disabilities in the development and review of its annual access plan
- provision of quality services to all passengers and employees
- maximization of investment in accessible conventional transit to encourage a shift from specialized to conventional public transit
Office Hours: Monday - Friday: 8:30AM to 4:30PM
- 5/5 Stars - Inga Jarvis - 04/01/2015
I was always treated with dignity, respect, and a lot of laughs. Greatest program and I highly recommend it!!! I broke my leg and would not have been able to go anywhere due to the cast, but this bunch of professionals got me to all my doctors appointments and even the odd shopping trip, they made a difficult time much better, thank you so much to everyone, I highly recommend this service, 5 stars +++