May 17, 2018
Free Things in the Falls this Long Weekend
- Check out the gorgeous flowers found in and around the falls.
- Walk or run the 56-kilometre Niagara Recreational Trail from one lake to the other. You can do it in stages
- Hike the trails found at Dufferin Islands, the Niagara Glen, or Whirlpool Woods across from the Whirlpool Golf Course.
- If you’re a fisher walk to the lower Niagara Whirlpool and cast a line, (parking is free just off the parkway near the trail to the lower Niagara River.)
- Make a stop at the Floral Clock 10 kilometres north of the falls.
- While you’re here walk to the nearby Centennial Lilac Gardens. The aroma of the now blossoming lilacs is fabulous.
- Drive the lower Niagara Parkway and take time to visit one of the several fruit stands that are now just opening for the season
- Be awed at night by the nightly year-round illumination of the falls.
- Visit historic village of Niagara on the Lake 26 kilometres north of the falls.
- Enjoy the lovely manicured lawns and check out the massive mature trees of the Niagara Parks Botanical Gardens 7.5 kilometres north of the falls.
- Walk Niagara Falls' Street of Fun, Clifton Hill.
- Enjoy the free fireworks displays over the falls at 10 p.m. on May 18, 19, and 20 and 21.