While Niagara Falls emanates beauty through every season, the glowing fall colours make it especially beautiful. If you decide to explore this season, you'll discover the list of things to do while you're here is endless. Aside from the iconic attractions that are definite must-dos, there are plenty of free things to help fill in your Niagara Falls itinerary.
- Hike through the vast nature of the Niagara Glen or Dufferin Islands. Loved by locals and tourists alike, both green spaces provide lush guided paths where you can become one with nature and get up close with the changing fall leaves.
- The cooling weather makes it an ideal time to picnic along the Niagara Parkway. With the tables and grills there also free of charge, you'll just need to pack the food!
- Aside from enjoying the Falls for free in daylight, delight in looking at the Falls under darkness illuminated in glowing colours. You don't have to just visit now to enjoy this, as the Falls are illuminated every night of the year.
- On select dates, you can even witness the incredible fireworks displays over the Falls. Click here to find out when the next show is!
- Wander the pathways in Queen Victoria Park, where you take in pristine gardens and even post up on a bench to dive into a good book or simply enjoy the surroundings.
- Take the beautiful drive along the river towards Niagara-on-the-Lake. Make a pit stop for the 99 acres that make up Botanical Gardens and the Niagara Parks Floral Clock - both beautiful and free to see.
- On your way back to Niagara Falls, drive to Queenston Heights Park and take in the history at Brock’s Monument.
- Walk, run or bike the Niagara River Recreation Trail between Fort Erie and Niagara on the Lake.
Visit the featured pages above for more free things to do, and to learn more about the autumn season in Niagara Falls.