Thursday, June 1:
The City of Niagara Falls Road Department will implement a single lane closure of the northwest bound section of Clifton Hill, between Falls Avenue and the Niagara Parkway, beginning at 6:00 a.m. on Thursday, June 1. This lane will remain closed until approximately 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, June 6. The WEGO Red Line will continue to operate from the Niagara City Cruise northbound stop.
As well, there will be a single lane closure of the southbound lane of the Niagara Parkway (closest to Oakes Garden Theatre) between Clifton Hill and Hiram Street, beginning at 3:00 p.m. on Thursday, June 1. This lane closure will remain in effect until approximately 7:00 a.m. on Tuesday, June 6.
Monday, June 5:
Beginning at 12:00 a.m., there will be a full closure of all lanes on Clifton Hill between Falls Avenue and the Niagara Parkway. Beginning at 3:00 a.m., there will be a full closure of the Niagara Parkway between Murray Street and Hiram Street.
- Access via Murray Street (into Niagara Parks southbound) and Hiram Street (into Niagara Parks northbound) from the City of Niagara Falls, will remain open.
- Falls Avenue access into Niagara Parks also remains open. As such, the Niagara Parks Grandview Bus Management office will be in operation.
WEGO Service on Monday, June 5 (Please see attached WEGO Detour Map)
- WEGO Green Line service will operate two routes, including:
-From Rapidsview Parking Lot Northbound to the Niagara Parks Police Building, and
-From Hiram Street northbound to the Floral Clock.
- The Northbound Green Line WEGO stop servicing both Niagara City Cruises and the MistRider Zipline to the Falls attraction, will be moved to Hiram Street, just north of the Rainbow Bridge.
- WEGO Blue Line will be re-routed as a result of the lane closures on Clifton Hill (please see full map attached). A temporary northbound WEGO Blue Line stop will be added at Murray Street (adjacent to Queen Victoria Park).
- WEGO Red Line will also be re-routed due to the lane closures on Clifton Hill (please see full map attached). A temporary northbound WEGO Red Line stop has also been established on Murray Street (adjacent to Queen Victoria Park).
Median parking along the Niagara Parkway at Clifton Hill will be exclusively used for: affiliate TV station satellite trucks, police, host transportation and Niagara Parks equipment vehicles.
Beginning at 2:00 p.m., on Monday, June 5, the Niagara Parkway will reopen to vehicular traffic with a southbound lane restriction (closest to Oakes Garden theatre) remaining in effect until approximately 7:00 a.m. on Tuesday, June 6.
Beginning at 5:00 p.m. on Monday, June 5, Clifton Hill between Falls Avenue and Niagara Parkway will reopen to vehicular traffic with a continued westbound lane restriction remaining in place until approximately 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, June 6.
*All times listed are approximate.
The Niagara Parks Commission is committed to a vision of Ontario’s Niagara Parks as one that Preserves a rich heritage, Conserves natural wonders, and Inspires people world-wide. Founded in 1885, The Niagara Parks Commission is an Operational Enterprise Agency of the Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Sport. Its mission is to protect the natural and cultural heritage along the Niagara River for the enjoyment of visitors while maintaining financial self-sufficiency.