The Niagara Parks Commission have sent out request for proposals to the planning, architectural and landscape architectural community to help develop a new master plan for Queen Victoria Park.
This new plan enlarges the original QVP which ran from the foot of Clifton Hill to Dufferin Islands (154 acres – 62 hectares). It was originally opened May 24th, Victoria Day,1888.
The new QVP will run from the Rainbow Bridge to Kingsbridge Park in Chippawa.
Janice Thomson, Chair of the NPC is quoted in our local paper as saying the new plan will have to preserve the natural and historic features within this area. The plan will look at establishing opportunities to better accommodate pedestrians. Public input will be sought.