It was on November 6, 1946 that the popular Niagara Parks Greenhouse (now known as the Floral Showhouse) was opened officially to the public. The old greenhouse, which was located across from the now abandoned Toronto Power Plant, was dismantled and the new greenhouse was built in the same location. The greenhouse has had many additions and continues to be an oasis of tranquility for locals and visitors.
Today, there is a small admission for parking and entrance. The gardens outside the greenhouse are free to enjoy. Check out the Garden for the Visually Impaired located behind the greenhouse.