With Family Day right around the corner, and the cold weather still making it tough to spend all day outside, we've put together a list of family fun activities off the beaten path, to do when you visit Niagara Falls this winter!
- Try out-of-this world food at down-to-earth prices at local family favourite, Flying Saucer Restaurant. Known for its greasy spoon breakfast, the popular diner-style restaurant is impossible to miss, as it's shaped like an actual flying saucer. Founded more than forty years ago, the restaurant started out as a single flying saucer, but the unique architecture drew in such large crowds that a second flying saucer was built to the original restaurant twenty years later.
- Kids and adults alike will have a blast battling through theBig Top Amazing Mirror and Laser Maze! With six incredible maze experiences under one roof, make your way through X-Ray Man’s Laser Maze, escape the Curtain Chaos Labyrinth, squeeze though the Black Hole and escape the Claustrophobia Tunnel. This experince promises to challenge both young and old!
- For the kid in all of us, head over to Big B Comics to discover the best in pop culture. Big B has become the epicentre for fans of comic books, graphic novels, video games, torys and general pop culture merchandise. From Wolverine to Wonder Woman, and everything in between, there's something for everyone at Big B!
- Located on the Street of Fun, the Fun Factory Wax Hand Emporium, allows you to create replicas your hands in coloured wax. Just like the Movieland Wax Museum next door, you can take home a life-size souvenir of your hand in whatever colour and position you choose. Each model is made by having your hand dipped in several layers of hot wax, creating a souvenir of your trip to Niagara Falls unlike anything else.
- A uniquely challenging night out, The Crux Escape Room, is a great activity to get you thinking. While each player must be over the age of 10, up to 12 players can play at once. All players are locked in a room, and must work together to solve a challening series of clues to escape the room. Each room has a distinct theme and with puzzles located through that follow that narrative. The only catch is, you have under an hour to get out! Will you esacpe?
- The bright and cheerful studio at Crock-A-Doodle allows visitors to drop-in and spend time creating art and beautiful pieces to take home with them. You simply pick a piece of pottery off the shelf, plan your design, pick your colours and doodle away. You then leave your masterpiece to be professionally glazed and kiln-fired and return to bring it home to keep forever. Choose from plates, mugs, figurines, kettles, piggy banks, dog bowls, picture frames and so much more!