Although Queen Victoria Park (the area between Clifton Hill and Dufferin Islands-154 acres) had been open to the public during extensive renovations in 1887 it was not until 1888 that an unofficial opening of the park took place by residents of Niagara who wanted to how their appreciation for the park. The eventwas a small one with a local marching band

leading a group of Niagara citizens through the park followed by a few speeches from politicians.

Little did they know how popular this park would become.

Post Comment

×