Build a Dynamic and Rewarding Career With Us!
We are situated in exceptional surroundings located just steps away from the iconic Niagara Falls. Offering a distinctive collection of many of the world’s leading hotel and restaurant brands with phenomenal views of one of the world’s natural wonders right outside your front door, including: Marriott, Sheraton and Crowne Plaza, Massimo’s Fine Dining, Prime Steakhouse, Mortons Grille, Milestones Grill + Bar, Hard Rock Café, Rainforest Café and many more. Paired with a wide selection of modern amenities that include: a large selection of unique event and meeting spaces, full service spas, fitness centres, rooftop pool/indoor pools, balconies, indoor waterpark, and super entertaining arcade makes our property locations unparalleled.
The Sales Opportunity
If your passion for Sales is magnetic and you would enjoy creating memorable experiences for our clients, we invite you to explore your future with us!
We are currently seeking an Account Director for our Association Market who has a passion for excellence to support our strong sales culture in driving our Organization’s revenue and profit growth. Reporting to the Director of Sales, responsibilities included but not limited to the following;
- Creating and implementing a strategic sales plan that expands our Organization’s client base and ensure its strong presence for the Association market.
- Proactively soliciting and handling sales opportunities through continued prospecting through telephone solicitations, personal presentations, site inspections, and via correspondence.
- Staying current on competitive set.
- Develop new business; increase our market share through relationship building, trade shows and community/professional events.
- Negotiating and close business to achieve and exceed all sales goals.
- Exploring marketing & tradeshow opportunities for your market and provide Director of Sales with detailed benefits and cost of participation.
- Creating out-of-box experiences for our clients that leaves a lasting impression
- Servicing accounts from initial contact to business booked and confirmed.
- Up-selling groups/conventions whenever possible and cross-sell all properties.
- Creating and maintain current and future, accurate, client data base and profiles
- Representing the Company on site visits, FAMs, sales trips or at designated trade shows and provide pre and post reports
- Attending and become active in industry association of which membership is confirmed.
- Maintain awareness of business, market and consumer trends, including competitors’ strengths and opportunities, industry and economic trends.
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous sales experience in hospitality industry preferred. Thrives on the challenge of finding new business.
- Demonstrated skills in prospecting, relationship building, negotiating skills and closing on critical sales contracts.
- Proven revenue-generating track record of exceeding sales revenue goals.
- University degree or College diploma in Hotel Management/Business Administration an asset.
- Computer skills including: Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point or related sales programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to deliver professional presentations to current and prepositive clients.
- Opportunity to work from home only available to candidates that reside outside the Niagara Region.
Marriott on the Falls is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture, and welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Type: Full-time
For further details on the postion, including how to apply, please visit the website above.