The Niagara Falls Marriott on the Falls and the Marriott Fallsview and Spa are located directly across the Street from the Scotiabank Convention Centre and are on the brink of the world famous Niagara Falls. Whether our guests are travelling on business or taking a much needed vacation, our mission is to always exceed the expectations of our guests.
At the Marriott Niagara Fall Hotels, our Financial operations is committed to a work environment that demonstrates/supports the Marriott core values and culture of putting people first, acting with integrity, serving our world, embracing change and pursuing excellence which helps us thrive as a business. Due to continued growth, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a passionate dynamic and results-orientated Assistant Financial Controller to be part of the renowned international hotel chain of Marriott Hotels. The successful candidate will report to the Financial Controller and will assist in directing the financial activities of Marriott on the Falls and Marriott Fallsview & Spa by performing the following duties personally and/or through the support of the Finance team. Summary of Responsibilities: Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist in the preparation of annual business plans and budgets for the rooms and food and beverage divisions which encompasses the following business units: *Marriott Café, Milestones Grill + Bar, Concierge Lounge, Mortons Grill, Great Room Bar, Starbucks. Conferences/Banquet Services and Guest Rooms, Spa and Gift Shops.
- Assist Controller in the safeguarding of company assets by reviewing, monitoring and implementing controls and adopting best practices across all business entities.
- Lead in the improvement of the management reporting including incorporation of budgets and key metrics.
- Be a trusted and valued business partner who will work closely with the Controller, General Managers and department managers to provide critical information to make decisions that will drive revenue, lower costs and improve guest satisfaction. Take the initiative to improve in each of these areas and have a continuous-improvement mentality through specialized reports, financial statement enhancements, key metrics, etc.
- Have the desire to *tell the story* behind the data. Not only take the time to review the report for accuracy but to determine what it says about the business using the key performance measures. Consider their work to be analysis rather than reporting.
- Constantly seek customer feedback and interaction. First, understand who their customers are: managers, peers, other departments. Ask how they can provide better service.
- Consistently demonstrate a positive, motivating attitude while working on projects alongside our valued team members.
- Assist in Supervising the Finance team on a daily basis by communicating clear directions both verbally and in writing.
- Celebrates successes by publicly recognizing the contributions of the team members.
- Assists in the recruitment/selection and Associate performance evaluation process, providing feedback as needed for all Finance associates.
- Serving as a role model to the Finance Team by demonstrating appropriate Marriott service behaviours.
- Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
- Professional accounting designation.
- At least 2 years’ experience, post designation, within an accounting setting ideally with some leadership capacity.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, time management and decision-making skills.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Must be able to work cohesively as part of a team.
- Strong commitment to achieving results through innovation and continuous improvement.
- Advanced proficiency with MS Excel; database and SQL experience preferred.
- Must be located within a commutable distance.
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanour at all times to effectively represent the hotels.
- Excellent customer service skills. Demonstrates energy and enthusiasm.
- Able to work flexible hours on occasion.
For further details on the postion, including how to apply, please visit the website above.