The Marriott Fallsview Niagara Falls Hotel & Spa enjoys the enviable distinction as being the closest hotel to Niagara Falls. As the area's premiere AAA Four Diamond, five-star luxury hotel in Niagara Falls, this Marriott Niagara Falls Hotel overlooks the majestic waterfalls and is located just minutes away from a variety of exciting attractions and casinos, as well as the Scotiabank Convention Centre.
Our Front Office operations are committed to a work environment that demonstrates and supports the Marriott core values and culture of putting people first, acting with integrity, serving our world, embracing change and pursuing excellence. We are currently seeking an Assistant Front Office Manager who has a passion for excellence to help lead the Front Desk team. This position is responsible for helping oversee the Front Desk and Switchboard Operations to ensure the highest level of guest satisfaction. The successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to:
- Assist the Front Office Manager in all areas to ensure a smooth, efficient and professional operation of the department.
- Being visible in guest areas during high traffic times and during events to assist Front Office Associates and to ensure smooth operations.
- Resolving guest complaints by finding creative ways to say “Yes”; ensuring that all guests’ complaints are handled in a timely and professional manner at all times.
- Help recruit, train and develop all Front Office Associates.
- Ensure smooth check-in and check-out of all guests, through properly handling guest accounts.
- Assisting the Front Office Manager with the completion of payroll and HR/Accounting documents.
- Assisting the Front Office Manager with controlling labour costs for the department.
- Serving as a role model to the Front Office Team by demonstrating appropriate Marriott service standard behaviours.
- Knowledge and implementation of all emergency plans and procedures.
- Motivating and guiding the entire Front Office Team in the execution of their duties in order to maximize the efficient operation of the department and to increase service scores.
- Improving service by communicating and assisting associates to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
- Celebrating successes and publicly recognizing the contributions of team members.
- Being aware of all expected VIP arrivals and departures and those already in-house, including their names, affiliation and room numbers; meeting VIP guests upon arrival and escorting them to their rooms as required.
- Ensuring that returning guests are welcomed back to the hotel and guest preferences and special requests are communicated to all applicable departments to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Ensuring that all Front Office Associates are fully aware of relevant information concerning the hotel; i.e. facilities, promotions, services as well as local events and public services.
- Providing a warm and engaging environment that reflects the Marriott service culture.
- Ensuring that all associates adhere to all hotel policies, standards, procedures and regulations.
- Conducting daily departmental pre-shifts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have at least 2 years’ experience in a Supervisor capacity in a Guest Services Role.
- College Diploma / University Degree preferred in Hotel, Hospitality, and Business Administration or related major.
- Outstanding attention to detail –properly identifying guests’ needs, demeanor, and level of required service attention.
- Excellent customer service skills. Demonstrates self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Must possess strong communication and listening skills, excellent speaking, reading and writing skills.
- Must have the ability to coach and mentor team members to further their development.
- Must be available to work all shifts, including evenings, weekends and public holidays.
- Must have extensive computer knowledge. Excellent working knowledge of Marsha an asset and must be computer literate – including proficient in word and excel.
The Marriott Fallsview Hotel and Spa is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture, and welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Type: Full-time
For further details on the postion, including how to apply, please visit the website above.