Reporting to the Housekeeping Manager, the Assistant Housekeeping Manager is responsible for inspecting rooms, assisting with scheduling, training new associates, assist with payroll and ensure all weekly and monthly tasks are completed.
Conduct room inspections, ensuring all standards are being adhered to and follow up with associates on specific areas of improvement. Start the day, being able to open the house and making associate assignments based on occupancy levels. Assist the supervisors, assigning them work, with scheduling of associates as needed. Make daily work assignments based on occupancy levels. Provide training, coaching and guidance for associates based on service standards. Assist with guest requests for turndown service, special requests, etc. Assist associates with their workload including cleaning guestrooms, and common areas along with assisting in laundry. Attend meetings as required. Liaise with Reception team, ensuring room assignments are being handled on a priority basis. Respond promptly to requests from guests and other departments. Respond to guest complaints as needed. Compliance with all safety regulations of assigned tasks, and ensure a clean and safe working environment with active participation in the health and safety program. Adhere to all environmental policies and programs as required. Other duties as assigned.
- 2 – 4 years Housekeeping experience as a supervisor
- Superior attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and organize time effectively and efficiently
- strong oral and written communication skills
- proven leadership abilities
- Must be able to work flexible hours including nights, evenings, weekends and holidays
- Stand, sit, walk, crouch, bend for an extended period of time or for an entire shift
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 40 pounds without assistance
For further details on the postion, including how to apply, please visit the website above.