We are a high volume restaurant looking for an experienced Assistant Manager to join our already stellar team. As a member of our team of champions, you will gain meaningful work experience in a welcoming and exciting environment where we lead by example and work together to achieve results. This position is responsible for ensuring both culinary and service teams provide passionate, attentive and Guest-focused food and beverage service at all times.
Reporting to the Restaurant General Manager, the Assistant Manager will ensure courteous and superior quality service is provided to all Guests. You will maintain a clean, safe environment, inspire and maintain high team morale with a standard of 100% Guest satisfaction. Other responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Create and motivate knowledgeable, helpful, and cheerful staff, dedicated to exceeding Guest satisfaction and operating revenue targets.
- Assist recruiting, hiring, training, developing, scheduling, evaluating and counseling team members.
- Apply and ensure all operating equipment and cash control standards and systems are used including completing inventory checks.
- Managing the floor and flow of business, leading by example and upholding standards.
- Coaching both culinary and hospitality teams on a daily basis for development and success.
- Ensure front of house operations are aligned seamlessly with the back of house.
- Guest and staff relations and all levels of disciplinary actions..
- General staff meetings and direct line meetings.
- Ordering wine, supplies and spirits as needed.
- Minimum 2 years hospitality industry experience in a leadership role.
- Proven success with both people development in leadership positions and long-term sales growth.
- Proven ability to achieve results through others.
- Demonstrate ability to attract and retain excellent performers and to develop high performing teams.
- Has a leadership style that is developmental vs. policing and leads by example.
- Demonstrate commitment and passion to maximizing Guest satisfaction in each stage of the Guest experience
- Approachable and establishes immediate credibility with Guests and staff.
- Demonstrate the ability to maintain professional composure at all times, regardless of issue, while performing multiple tasks.
- Employs persuasion and influence to initiate and/or resolve matters.
- Demonstrate the ability to lead/supervise a large team of operating staff.
- Establishes ambitious restaurant goals and standards and demonstrates urgency to achieve critical goals and objectives.
- Enforces all health and safety/sanitation standards.
- Sets an example to all staff with respect to outstanding attention to detail and manages in compliance with established policies and procedures as well as local, provincial and federal laws and regulations.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Respect for work/life balance
- Owners that support you with an opportunity to grow
- A fast paced rewarding career
- The drive to deliver excellence in both culinary and Guest service
- A track record of stability and success with awards in both culinary and in owner/operation business operation.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity please apply today!
As part of our accessibility commitment, there are alternative ways to interview with us. Please inform us if you require interview accommodation.
Please note that any offer of employment may be subject to reference checks and background checks, including a criminal record check as part of the selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining our team; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Job Type: Full-time
- hospitality industry: 5 years (Required)
- Restaurant Management: 2 years (Required)
For further details on the postion, including how to apply, please visit the website above.