At the Niagara Falls Marriott on the Falls, our Banquet operations thrive with the commitment of our Associates who demonstrate/support the Marriott core values and culture of putting people first, acting with integrity, serving our world, embracing change and pursuing excellence. We are currently seeking a Banquet Manager for our Banquet Department who has a passion for excellence to lead our banquet team. Reporting directly to the Director of Events and Conference Services, this position is responsible for overseeing/managing all catering events of the hotel.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Oversee and help complete all on-site details for executing group events; develop and follow checklist or itinerary, and troubleshoot event problems.
- Assist with training, evaluating, coaching and motivating associates.
- Ensure banquet rooms, restaurants, and coffee breaks setups are complete and in accordance to the B.E.O’s and the standards of the Marriott.
- Meet, welcome and review with event clients, all details, as they are outlined on the B.E.O.’s. and last minute requirements, if any, communicating changes to the other departments, as required.
- Provide administrative support for the conference service office, primarily in the following functions: preparation of all rep-function estimates, all banquet and A/V billings, payroll and account file status.
- Ensuring that all equipment inventories, fixtures, and furniture of the Banquet Department are kept in good supply and in the best condition and assumes responsibility of scheduled general cleaning of all banquet equipment during the off season.
- Serve as onsite contact person for coordinating details of events with clients, meeting planners, and other departments involved with events.
- Design, confirm, and communicate room layouts and set-up requirements for special events.
- Liaise with multiple departments including Event Managers to ensure all event details are communicated to team.
- Prepare daily list of duties for banquet staff.
- Ensure audio-visual requirements from third party provider is being achieved to deliver optimum service for the guest.
- Communicate with and instruct associates on how to set up event rooms to client specifications.
- Communicate service needs to kitchen throughout functions.
- Respond to guest inquiries and concerns and offer solutions.
- Help manage end of function billing.
- Assist with payroll.
- Prepare weekly departmental schedule.
- Compliance with all safety regulations of assigned tasks, and ensure a clean and safe working environment with active participation in the health and safety program.
- Serve as a role model to the banquet team by enforcing/demonstrating appropriate Marriott service standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years managerial banquet experience, preferably in a hospitality setting.
- Must be able to multi-task and be highly organized.
- Knowledgeable of food and wine pairings and cutting edge cuisine and current events trends.
- Knowledge food handling safety and sanitation procedures.
- Knowledge of a union environment considered an asset.
- Must have exceptional service and leadership skills.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft applications.
- Strong knowledge of technology is considered an asset (smart phones, Ipads, LCD projectors).
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Required to move, lift, carry, pull and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance.
- Stand, sit or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire shift.
Marriott on the Falls an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture, and welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Type: Full-time
For further details on the postion, including how to apply, please visit the website above.