This position is responsible for ensuring efficient room set up for meetings, banquets, conferences, weddings, etc, to clients’ satisfaction.
The Banquet Porter is responsible for setting up rooms, maintaining storage and service areas. Ensure clean banquet rooms by vacuuming and performing other cleaning duties. Assist with decorating including hanging banners. Assist with the service of concession stands and meal functions, providing coffee service, etc.
- Demonstrate commitment and passion to maximizing guest satisfaction in each stage of the guest experience, particularly as it pertains to exceptional standards of cleanliness efficiency, and organization of work
- Outstanding attention to detail – both personal grooming/appearance and in set up for meetings, banquets, conferences and weddings
- Ensure immediate response to all guest needs
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills as well as the ability to work effectively under pressure
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Demonstrate the ability to work cooperatively within a team setting to anticipate and assist to another porter’s needs
- Demonstrate the ability to maintain professional composure at all times, regardless of issue, while performing multiple tasks with multiple guests/multiple items/products
- Porter experience preferred
- Ability to quickly respond to changing work volume with high-energy level and speed
- Must be willing and able to perform duties of a physical nature – often required to push, pull and lift heavy items (50lbs)
- Ability to work in a quiet, orderly fashion so as not to disturb meetings that are in progress
- Demonstrate reading comprehension ability (i.e. Assist guests in reading of company/local tourism literature in order to increase guest satisfaction during stay/visit)
- Ability to work safely and in compliance with all health, safety, and sanitation standards
- Perform any other duties as required by management to ensure quality customer service
- Must be able to work all shifts including days, weekends and holidays
For further details on the postion, including how to apply, please visit the website above.