This position is responsible for serving our guests in a gracious and professional manner, taking pride in all facets of service, quality, timeliness, appearance and cleanliness; strive to achieve impeccable guest service; ensuring efficient room set up for meetings, banquets, conferences, weddings, etc, to clients’ satisfaction. This includes: setting up rooms; maintaining storage and service areas; vacuuming and cleaning function rooms; hanging banners; decorating; assisting with the service of concession stands and meal functions; providing coffee service; etc.
- Secondary School Graduation Diploma or the equivalent.
- Demonstrated commitment and passion to maximizing guest satisfaction in each stage of the guest experience, particularly as it pertains to exceptional standards of cleanliness, efficiency, and organization of work.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven knowledge of proper serving etiquette.
- Have a neat, professional appearance and outgoing, people-oriented personality which conveys pride in working for Marriott and which is demonstrated by a ready smile and a willingness to assist
- Ability to analyze problems and to formulate a solution to overcome challenges and make sound, logical decisions.
- Maintain neat, professional appearance, demeanour, ethics and self-image.
- Outstanding attention to detail – both personal grooming/appearance and in properly identifying guest’s needs, demeanour, and a high level of required attention to service.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills as well as the ability to work efficiently under pressure.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team setting.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain professional composure at all times, regardless of the issue, while performing multiple tasks with multiple guests/multiple items/products.
- Porter experience preferred.
- Smart Serve certificate required.
- Ability to meet the physical requirements of the job (i.e., lifting up to 50lbs).
- Must be able to work all shifts including weekends and holidays.
For further details on the postion, including how to apply, please visit the website above.