The Niagara Falls Marriott on the Falls Team is currently seeking an energetic, motivated and professional Banquet Server to join their team. The ideal candidate is passionate about our brand, providing the highest level of guest service and accommodation as well as thrives on an empowered environment, delivering our service promise. The banquet server goes above and beyond to take care of guests from the presentation of amenities to giving each guest a genuine, personalized experience, while also providing fast, friendly, and efficient service. Tasks may include, and are not limited to: set up and service of banquet meals according to event orders; maintaining clean and organized service areas; clearing tables and providing quality service to our guests; responsible to ensure all guests leave with a positive dining experience by providing phenomenal guest experiences resulting in lasting memories for all our guests; and displayed professional behaviour, integrity, pride and loyalty to the Hotel and it’s team.
- Must have a genuine hospitality ‘gene’.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain professional composure at all times, regardless of the issue, while performing multiple tasks with multiple guests/ items/products.
- Previous demonstrated knowledge and conversational ability in order to provide quality tableside experience.
- Previous Food & Beverage Serving experience is required.
- Outstanding attention to detail – both personal grooming/appearance and in properly identifying guest’s needs, demeanour, and level of required service attention.
- Demonstrated reading comprehension ability (eg. Assist guests in the reading of company / local tourism literature in order to increase guest satisfaction during stay/ visit.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively within a team setting to anticipate and assist to another server’s guests’ needs.
- Must be self-directed and self-motivated
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work safely and in compliance with all health, safety, and sanitation standards.
- Smart Serve Certification is required.
- Must be able to work breakfast, lunch and dinner/evening shifts including weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to push, pull and move items greater than 20 lbs.
For further details on the postion, including how to apply, please visit the website above.