The Marriott Restaurant Café is currently seeking servers to provide the highest level of guest service and accommodation in our restaurant. The ideal candidate is passionate about our brand, guest service and thrives in an empowered environment, delivering our service promise. The server goes above and beyond to take care of guests from the presentation of amenities to giving each guest a genuine, personalized dining experience, while also providing fast, friendly, and efficient service. This key service position is responsible for creating and driving the guest dining room experience by ensuring passionate, sophisticated, and proficient, food and beverage service is provided at all times, and personal attention which often anticipates and responds to guest needs through vigilant attention to follow-up in an effortless and unobtrusive/discreet manner. Tasks may include, and are not limited to: Enthusiastically Welcoming/Greeting Guests, seating of guests; food and beverage product selection, suggestion, and sales; food and beverage service/delivery; check settlement; post-meal activity suggestions/recommendations, attending to special requests; inventory/restocking of sections/supplies; etc.
- Must have a genuine hospitality ‘gene’ and the drive to join a leading restaurant café team.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain professional composure at all times, regardless of issues, while performing multiple tasks with multiple guests/ items/products.
- Previous demonstrated knowledge and conversational ability in order to provide quality tableside experience.
- Previous equivalent experience in a dining room environment.
- Outstanding attention to detail – both personal grooming/appearance and in properly identifying guest’s needs, demeanour, and level of required service attention.
- Demonstrated reading comprehension ability (i.e. Assist guests in the reading of company / local tourism literature in order to increase guest satisfaction during stay/ visit.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively within a team setting to anticipate and assist to another server’s guests’ needs.
- Previous demonstrated knowledge and conversational ability in order to provide quality tableside experience and in order to encourage both cross-promotion/sales of related company services/activities/products across the complex, and to increase guest satisfaction
- Ability to quickly respond to changing work volume; high-energy level/speed.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work safely and in compliance with all health, safety, and sanitation standards.
- Smart Serve Certification is required.
For further details on the postion, including how to apply, please visit the website above.