CATERING / RETAIL Team member
Scotiabank Convention Centre6815 Stanley Avenue , Niagara Falls Ontario Canada, L2G 3Y9
About the Position
REPORTS TO: F & B Supervisors STATUS: Part-time Hourly
PRINCIPAL FUNCTION: To assist in functions as assigned by supervisor. He/She will supervise and direct Catering & retail team to maintain high levels of service consistent with Centerplate & SCCN Standards, as our goal is to be #1 in Event Hospitality- we are all “Hospitality Ambassadors.”
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES: This position executes all service duties from banquet service and/or cash & retail, depending on the in house group, according to Centerplate standards.
HOURS OF WORK:
Shift start and end times will be determined by business needs. The position requires working early morning, late evening, weekends and holidays. Overtime may be required.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES: • Ensure compliance with all applicable health and safety regulations
. • Provide guests an unconventional experience while following Centerplate’s & the Scotiabank Convention Centre’s service excellence standards. * Serve guests with professionalism, in banquet, concession or trade shows-including plated meals, buffets, bars and coffee service. • Follow direction from the lead & supervisor to execute the functions according to the Banquet Event Orders
. • Responsible for stocking & maintaining cleanliness of work stations.
• Conform to the regulations of the alcohol beverage authority.
• Perform other related duties, tasks and responsibilities as required from time to time.
• Smart Serve Certificate •
Ability to participate in a team environment.
• Ability to understand written and oral direction and to communicate same with others in English, reading & understanding banquet event orders.
• Ability to multitask and able to execute the duties of bartending and/or cashiering
• Ability to fluctuate between positions such as; buffet service, plated meals, bartending, cashiering, bussing, and quick service foods (retail).
• Ability to stand or be on feet for extended periods of time.
• Previous catering, retail or serving experience is an asset OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to lift and balance up to 25lbs in weight regularly and able to lift up to 50lbs on occasion. Must be able to exert well-paced mobility to maneuver quickly among different areas of the facility.
How to Apply
If you believe you have the skills, experience and service excellence skills required to execute extraordinary events, please submit your resume and cover letter to email above.