We are a company that believes in the talent of our associates, we are dedicated to assisting them in developing their skills to advance their career. Most important, you’ll be a part of a team that’s includes 2500+ talented and dedicated hospitality enthusiasts who are dedicated to providing an unparalleled hotel experience to each and every guest. As a part of Canadian Niagara Hotels, you will also have access to an amazing medical and dental benefits plan as well as an employee discount program for hotels around the world.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Providing professional, friendly, and engaging service which is demonstrated during all interactions with all clients and associates.
- Responsible for contacting clients, preparing all event documentation, and ensure events progress seamlessly by following established procedures, collaborating with other employees, and ensuring accuracy.
- Acts as liaison between sales person and client throughout the event process (pre-event, event, post-event).
- Coordinates planning for banquets, conferences and special events, including consulting with sales and food and beverage to establish goals, services required, and fee schedules.
- Manages meeting space for small to large-sized assigned groups.
- Ensures billing accuracy and conducts bill reviews with the clients prior to processing the final bill.
- Participates in client site inspections and assists with the sales process as necessary.
- Facilitates various meetings as necessary (Banquet Event Order meeting, pre-cons etc.).
- Up-sells products and services throughout the event process.
- Solve problems and/or suggest alternatives to previous arrangements.
- Adheres to all Marriott and company standards, policies, and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
- Minimum of 1 year Catering/Conferences services experience required.
- Degree/Diploma from an accredited University/College in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major considered an asset.
- Proficiency with computers and software programs, including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and online programs such as AllSeated.com.
- Flexibility with schedules, including mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service throughout the entire customer experience.
- Command of the English language both written and verbal.
- Pleasant and outgoing personality with demonstrated organizational skills.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist others within the department when needed.
- A detail orientated individual.
- Must be able to work with minimal direct supervision.
We also understand that diversity includes people with disabilities who might require reasonable accommodation in order to fully participate and contribute to their full capabilities or candidates for employment interested in reviewing or receiving information pertaining to careers at Canadian Niagara Hotels. This includes being able to fully participate in the Resort’s candidate selection process, including personal interviews in many circumstances, wherever possible and practical. If you would like to receive information in another format or other communications supports please send an email to [email protected] or by telephone at 905-374-4446 extension 4600
For further details on the postion, including how to apply, please visit the website above.