This position is responsible for assisting in the efficient operations of the kitchen to ensure high quality and consistency of food preparation in accordance to Marriott standards while striving to advance his/her knowledge, skills and abilities and consistently share these with others while promoting professional work habits that will ensure that the department is being guided at all times by Marriott Mission, Vision and Values. Duties include and not limited to: maintaining a clean workstation; receiving, storing and preparing food items needed in the kitchen; preparation of all items as instructed by the Sous Chef and Executive Chef; adhering to standardized recipes in order to maintain consistency and ensure all standards are met; clean and maintain all equipment, counter tops, fridges/freezers and shelves; ensuring all food products are handled, stored, prepared and served in accordance with hotel and government Food Safety guidelines; report any areas and equipment in need of a work order; responding positively and in a timely manner to all internal and external guest requests; actively participate in Marriott department-specific initiatives in working towards sustainable operations; be health and safety conscious and actively involved in maintaining a safe work environment; foster an environment of cooperation within the department and between other departments within the hotel; perform any and all other tasks which are assigned by management; upholds the highest standard of internal and external customer service at all times; minimize wastage in order to reduce food cost experience; etc.
- Committed to Quality and Hospitality
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and the ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as cooperatively within a team setting
- Previous 1-3 years experience in a franchise setting
- Broiling experience required
- Experience working in a fast paced kitchen
- Collegiate Culinary Graduate preferred
- WHMIS or similar training is an asset
- Secondary School Graduation Diploma required
For further details on the postion, including how to apply, please visit the website above.