The primary role of the Corporate Accounting Clerk is to provide support within a variety of areas to ensure the smooth and efficient operations within the Finance Department, reporting to the Assistant Controller.
The preferred candidate will be someone pursuing a career in accounting with strong Microsoft Excel skills (V-look-ups, pivot tables, etc).
- Prepare and post journal entries and prepare periodic cheque requisitions with appropriate supporting documentation.
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations.
- Prepare the daily revenue journal and posting to the general ledger
- Follow up on issues and discrepancies with daily revenue and expenses
- Prepare monthly financial statements within assigned deadlines.
- Analyze month-end expenses in comparison to budget and prior periods with accurate and relevant explanations.
- Identify internal control issues, recommend improvements, and assist with developing and documenting new control policies and procedures.
- Identifying opportunities to realize efficiencies, improve processes, increase revenues and/or reduce costs.
- Assist with preparing the annual budget and supporting the year-end audit.
- Provide financial analysis to support operational and finance objectives.
- Provide support to other team members as required.
- Provide back-up duties for other finance roles.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- University or College graduate with a major in Accounting, Finance, Commerce, or related area.
- Pursuing a career in accounting.
- Firm understanding and accounting experience with standard costing
- Experience working within a service oriented or hospitality industry would be an asset
- Experience working with Accpac/Sage 300 software would be an asset.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.), with advanced expertise in MS Excel (look-ups, pivot tables).
- Strong attention to detail, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Must be located within a reasonable commutable distance
For further details on the postion, including how to apply, please visit the website above.