At Falls Avenue Resort, we serve the international tourist and conference market, with a mission of delivering the maximum number of memorable experiences to our guests in the most efficient and focused manner.
Falls Avenue Resort is Niagara Falls’ largest hospitality and entertainment complex, which owns and operates a wide variety of hotels, restaurants, retail stores and attractions representing world-class brands such as Sheraton, Crowne Plaza, Hard Rock Café, Rainforest Café and Hershey just to name a few.
It’s our employees that make the difference, proving that great ideas, collaboration and entrepreneurial spirit can turn possibilities into success. If you’re interested in being part of a growing and faced paced organization where you can influence and impact results, have a positive attitude and professional approach, and are passionate about what you do, then Falls Avenue Resort may be the place for you.
The primary role of the Corporate Accounting Clerk is to provide support within a variety of areas to ensure the smooth and efficient operations within the Finance Department, reporting to the Assistant Controller.
The preferred candidate will be someone pursuing a career in accounting with strong Microsoft Excel skills (V-look-ups, pivot tables, etc).
- Prepare and post journal entries and prepare periodic cheque requisitions with appropriate supporting documentation.
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations.
- Prepare the daily revenue journal and posting to the general ledger
- Follow up on issues and discrepancies with daily revenue and expenses
- Prepare monthly financial statements within assigned deadlines.
- Analyze month-end expenses in comparison to budget and prior periods with accurate and relevant explanations.
- Identify internal control issues, recommend improvements, and assist with developing and documenting new control policies and procedures.
- Identifying opportunities to realize efficiencies, improve processes, increase revenues and/or reduce costs.
- Assist with preparing the annual budget and supporting the year-end audit.
- Provide financial analysis to support operational and finance objectives.
- Provide support to other team members as required.
- Provide back-up duties for other finance roles.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- University or College graduate with a major in Accounting, Finance, Commerce, or related area.
- Pursuing a career in accounting.
- Firm understanding and accounting experience with standard costing
- Experience working within a service oriented or hospitality industry would be an asset
- Experience working with Accpac/Sage 300 software would be an asset.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.), with advanced expertise in MS Excel (look-ups, pivot tables).
- Strong attention to detail, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Must be located within a reasonable commutable distance.
For further details on the postion, including how to apply, please visit the website above.