This position is responsible for effectively and efficiently performing a variety of value-added activities directed towards optimizing purchases for both goods and services across a wide variety of business enterprises including hotels, restaurants, retail stores, attractions, office and general administration.
Evaluate submitted Purchase Requisitions to validate requirements before purchasing, including identifying and implementing supplier cost reduction opportunities wherever possible. Work with originating departments to ensure that purchase specifications and descriptions clearly define purchase requirements and adhere to resort purchasing policies and procedures. Substantiating order quantities and other variables, with respect to best value and best inventory practices. Negotiate with vendors, where needed, to establish best competitive pricing for the company. Ensure proper management approvals are secured for all requirements before processing orders. Optimize payment terms and other terms with vendors, to best protect the company’s business interests and ensure that such terms are well documented in any subsequent PO or contract. Convert approved Purchase Requisitions into official Purchase Orders and issuing such POs or contracts to applicable vendors. Maintain Purchasing records, files and related documentation as needed. Build and maintain good relationships with key vendors, for the benefit of the company. Coordinate logistics, such as freight and customs details. Assist Accounts Payable and Finance departments to resolve Purchasing or vendor related issues. Create new, and update existing contracts for assigned categories, based on standard products used in the company. Create and improve savings programs through analysis of product category usage. This typically includes a focus on the consolidation and standardization of purchased items to improve cost and efficiencies.
- Several years of related experience in a similar purchasing role is preferred
- Previous experience with computerized purchasing and inventory management systems preferred
- SCMA (formerly PMAC) certification, or courses working towards diploma or designation preferred
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to quickly respond to changing work volume; high-energy level/speed
- Ability to work independently as well as to work cooperatively within a team setting
- Demonstrate general PC and business software competence with a focus/proficiency in Excel; Excellent mathematical and analytical skills
- Demonstrate the ability to maintain professional composure at all times, while performing multiple tasks
- Persuasion and influence to resolve matters
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Preference to candidates who are located within a reasonable commutable distance
For further details on the postion, including how to apply, please visit the website above.