WildPlay Niagara Falls is a cool place to achieve your career goals and use your professional skills and talents to create awesome outdoor adventure experiences.
We are seeking dynamic full-time, seasonal ZipLine Gear Crew team members for WildPlay Niagara Falls to support operations at our MistRider Zipline to the Falls. MistRider Zipline Gear Crew team members are a vital part of the WildPlay Niagara Falls team, supporting risk management procedures by performing detailed inspections on gear and equipment. Gear Crew team members are knowledgeable, friendly, passionate and able to identify potential risks. Energized by outdoor environments, they are physically active, extremely detail oriented and take satisfaction from demonstrating their trained technical skills and abilities.
To excel in Gear Crew, you must be confident and self assured; have the ability to think on your feet, and demonstrate good sense in all decisions. The ability to listen and provide feedback based on the equipment needs of the operation is also essential.
What You Will Do On The Job
The MistRider Zipline Gear Crew is responsible for:
- Ensuring guests enjoy safe, positive, enriching experience;
- Performing detailed Inspections of all gear and safety equipment.
- Safely moving / transporting gear and equipment between landing and launch;
- Ensuring the correct fit, adjustments, and use of equipment before and during Element participation;
- Ensuring security rules are followed, without compromise;
- Monitoring elements for risk management, as well as assessing and intervening when situations require;
- Reporting equipment/Element malfunctions or abnormalities to Team Lead or Tech Team;
- Learning the emergency plan.
- Participating as a positive and self-driven member of the WildPlay clan.
Required Qualifications and Skills
The Gear Crew must possess the following qualifications and skills:
- Ability to consistently deliver high standards of work in outdoor, all-weather conditions including extreme heat, sun, humidity, and temperature change.
- Unfailing attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good judgment, and strong decision-making skills.
- Ability to act independently and as part of a team.
- A positive attitude and openness to feedback.
- Must be able to walk 500 metres
- Physical demands include continuously holding, carrying and lifting Zipline equipment, frequent walking/ standing, and frequent bending/ twisting/ kneeling
- All lifts over 50 lbs. require assistance from a co-worker or the use of a mechanical device.
- A police vulnerable sector check is required for employment consideration. An entry on your record will not automatically prevent a person from obtaining employment. For details on offenses that we consider relevant or concerns please contact [email protected]
- Current standard first aid and CPR-C certification
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
Knowledge and experience in adventure recreation (either as a participant or through previous employment experience).
Reports directly to the Park Supervisor and at times to the Element Operations Manager or Park Manager.
Works a flexible schedule of full or part time work according to the needs of the business. Includes working both evenings, weekends and holidays, when appropriate and beneficial to their job responsibilities.
For further details on the postion, including how to apply, please visit the website above.