We are seeking dynamic full-time, seasonal Shuttle Drivers for WildPlay Niagara Falls to support operations at our MistRider Zipline to the Falls. Shuttle drivers are responsible for safely transporting guests and other Team Members to and from the ZipLine landing. Drivers must have excellent communication skills in order to effectively interact with fellow drivers, maintenance, other team members, as well as the guests and participants we serve. Commitment, patience, maturity, and initiative are required qualities.
What You Will Do On The Job
The Shuttle Driver is responsible for:
- Driving safely, responsibly and prepared for all road conditions;
- Respecting fellow employees, equipment and customers;
- Pre and post trip checks of the shuttle each time it is used (emphasis on ensuring adequate fluid levels);
- Completion of all applicable paper work required;
- Maintaining radio contact and use proper radio protocol;
- Management of passenger behaviour by quickly and effectively solving problems;
- Maintaining a clean shuttle;
- Report unsafe conditions and any injuries;
- Selling and up-selling Elements and merchandise to guests, as well as promoting other WildPlay Element Parks locations when applicable;
- Being thoroughly knowledgeable in promotions across the company;
- Soliciting feedback on Elements and experiences from guests, and relaying important feedback to Park management;
Required Qualifications and Skills
- The Shuttle Driver must possess the following qualifications, skills and attributes:
- A current Class “G” Drivers Licence
- Excellent driving skills and abilities
- Must be capable of driving a variety of equipment (example: shuttle, passenger van, Bobcat etc.)
- Ability to consistently deliver high standards of work in outdoor, all-weather conditions including extreme heat, sun, humidity, and temperature change
- Organized, punctual and reliable
- Calm, pleasant and helpful manner
- Strong verbal communication skills
- A team player with the ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
- Highly motivated, energetic, and reliable.
- Consistently positive attitude.
- Friendly, outgoing personality and proactive nature.
- Must be able to walk 500 metres.
- Physical demands may include holding, carrying and lifting ZipLine equipment, frequent walking/ standing, sitting and possible bending/ twisting/ kneeling
- A police vulnerable sector check is required for employment consideration. An entry on your record will not automatically prevent a person from obtaining employment. For details on offenses that we consider relevant or concerns please contact [email protected]
- Current standard first aid and CPR-C certification
Reports to the Park Supervisor and on occasion Park Manager
Flexible schedule of full time or part time work, based on the needs of the business. Includes working both evenings, weekends, and holidays, when appropriate and beneficial to job responsibilities.
For further details on the postion, including how to apply, please visit the website above.