Reporting to the CFO, the successful candidate will direct and implement the vision, strategy and resourcing of information technology. While you will be the technology thought leader, you are equally at home in solving daily technology issues that may impinge upon the operations ability to operate effectively. The position will lead the organization’s company-wide efforts to use technology strategically to support future growth by determining user requirements and delivering practical solutions that exceed expectations of both internal users and external customers.
- Understand the key drivers of the business relative to technology and establish roadmaps from concept to implementation.
- Be a key and valued business partner with operations to deliver the timely services they need day-to-day and also leverage technology to create better processes, efficiencies to help achieve organizational goals
- Raise IT department’s ability to proactively identify risks in advance and develop strategies to mitigate them on a cost-effective, efficient basis
- Create and maintain a sustainable preventive maintenance plan that provides early detection of areas requiring attention. Ensure all systems are up-to-date and well documented with Standard Operating Procedures, Schematics, Hardware & Software documentation, etc.
- Improve the IT skills of all users so that they can better manage their day-to-day technological needs. Improve communications between IT and users and bring forward new strategies that improve productivity.
- Degree or Diploma in Computer Science, Information Systems or Computer Networking
- At least 10 years progressive, related experience leading and managing an IT team at the senior/director level
- Energetic, self-motivated, hands-on who works well under pressure
- Strategic planning experience involving assessing technological risks and opportunities to develop the annual IT business plan and short & long term capital budget with business cases that support capital projects.
- Proven ability in procurement and implementation including detailed analysis of solutions, competitive pricing, vendor negotiation and selection, on-site management of services, testing, documentation, training end users and preventive maintenance plans.
- Proven experience in managing multiple, complex, concurrent projects and delivering results on budget and on time
- Extensive experience with e-mail servers, firewalls and security, spam filtering, networking, virtual environments, wi-fi deployment and support, remote access systems
- Experience at developing IT policies and procedures that protect the organization’s data and systems including back-ups, redundant systems, fail-over and other disaster recovery strategies that ensure the continuance of all mission-critical application, networks and infrastructure
- Experience developing standard operating procedures and best practices including providing written protocols and guidance to IT staff and maintaining system and user manuals, license agreements and documentation of modifications and upgrades
- Oversee end-user services including help desk and technical support services and develop departmental metrics that measure team and system performance
- Demonstrated ability to bring value-added and continuous improvement by working closely with senior staff in all departments to identify needs and recommend, develop, support cost-effective strategies and solutions
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills in dealing with users, customers, vendors including senior leaders of organization
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Keeping current with the latest technologies and determine which technology solutions will meet organizational requirements
- Valid driver’s license and Canadian Passport
- Previous experience with Point-of-Sales systems is an asset
For further details on the postion, including how to apply, please visit the website above.