WildPlay Niagara Falls is a cool place to achieve your career goals and use your professional skills and talents to create awesome outdoor adventure experiences.
We are seeking dynamic full-time, seasonal ZipLine Guides for WildPlay Niagara Falls to support operations at our MistRider Zipline to the Falls. The ZipLine Guide is an essential part of the WildPlay team providing excellent service for our guests. Our guides are knowledgeable, friendly, passionate and able to put others at ease. They thrive outdoors, love being physically active, are comfortable with heights and get great satisfaction from supervising and supporting others to achieve things they didn't think they could do.
To excel as a ZipLine Guide, you have an outgoing, confident personality, can think on your feet and demonstrate good sense in all your actions. You provide sound advice, consistently apply best practices, and can be assertive when required to ensure that guests minimize activity risk. You are a champion of communication and you work well individually or as part of a team. Prior experience leading or teaching outdoor activities is an asset.
What You Will Do On The Job
The ZipLine Guide is responsible for:
- Ensuring that all guests enjoy safe, positive, enriching experiences;
- Demonstrating the use of the equipment to all guests and giving a clear and concise safety talk;
- Ensuring the security rules are being followed by the guests throughout the entire activity and expelling those guests from the course who pose a serious risk to themselves or others as in line with the Corrective Measures and Expulsion Protocol;
- Reporting all incidents and inappropriate behaviour of the guests or fellow co-workers to the ZipLine Lead;
- Knowing and practising site emergency and evacuation plan;
- Participating in Daily Course Opening Inspections and in daily and weekly PPE inspections
- Ensuring activity guidelines, policies and procedures are respected (radio protocol, clothing, weight limitations, proper riding and landing positions etc.);
- Meeting a high level of customer service and guest engagement;
- Conducting ongoing equipment inspections and bringing any issues to ZipLine Team Lead's attention;
- Passing on any positive or negative feedback from guests to management;
- Being aware of environmental risks due to weather (heat, snow, rain, wind, lightning, etc.) and taking appropriate actions to manage ensuing risks (hydrating, course evacuation procedures, recognizing signs of frostbite, hypothermia, hyperthermia, heat stroke, etc.);
- Being aware of terrain risks (loose rock, snowy, icy or muddy trails) and taking appropriate actions to manage these risks by either passing the message along to a Team Lead or taking care of these risks if applicable;
- Carry out other work as directed by ZipLine Team Lead, or Park Management;
- Participating as a positive and proactive member of the WildPlay team.
Upon further certification as a member of the Tech Team, a select number of Guides are responsible for:
- Carrying out maintenance tasks on the ZipLIne system as directed by Element Operation Manager, Park Supervisor, or Park Manager;
- Conducting ongoing equipment inspections and bringing any issues to the attention of the ZipLine Lead Guide's, member of the Tech Team or Element Operation Manager.
Upon further certification as a member of the Rescue Team, a select number of Guides are responsible for:
- Performing rescue techniques to the level required in the case of an emergency.
Required Qualifications and Skills
The ZipLine Guide must possess the following qualifications and skills:
- Proven experience in delivering excellent customer service;
- Ability to deliver consistently high standards of work outdoors in all weather;
- Unfailing attention to detail;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Must demonstrate good judgment and strong decision-making skills;
- Must be able to act both independently and as a team player
- A positive attitude and openness to feedback is essential.
- Ability to consistently deliver high standards of work in outdoor, all-weather conditions including extreme heat, sun, humidity, and temperature change.
- Physical demands include continuously holding, carrying and lifting Zipline equipment, frequent walking/ standing, and frequent bending/ twisting/ kneeling
- All lifts over 50 lbs. require assistance from a co-worker or the use of a mechanical device.
- A police vulnerable sector check is required for employment consideration. An entry on your record will not automatically prevent a person from obtaining employment. For details on offenses that we consider relevant or concerns please contact [email protected]
- Current standard first aid and CPR-C certification
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
It is desired that the ZipLine Guide possesses the following qualifications and skills:
- Knowledge and experience in adventure recreation (either as a participant or through previous employment experience).
The ZipLine Guide reports directly to ZipLine Lead Guide on duty and is supervised at times by the Park Supervisor and Park Manager.
The ZipLine Guide works a flexible schedule of full time and part time work, based on the needs of the business. Includes working evenings, weekends, and holidays, when appropriate and beneficial to their job responsibilities.
For further details on the postion, including how to apply, please visit the website above.