Adventure Course Guides are an essential part of the WildPlay Element Parks team, providing excellent service for guests participating in aerial adventures and zip lines. Guides are knowledgeable, friendly, passionate and able to identify others disposition and put them at ease. Energized by outdoor environments, they are physically active, comfortable with heights, and take satisfaction from supervising and helping others face challenges and push their boundaries.
To excel as a Guide, you have an outgoing and confident personality, think on your feet, and demonstrate good sense in all decisions. Able to listen and identify the needs of others, you provide smart advice based on best practices. When necessary, you can be assertive to ensure that guests minimize their risk while participating in Elements. With above-average communication abilities you work effectively in an independent manner as well as part of a team. Prior experience leading or teaching outdoor recreation is an asset.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Adventure Course Guide is responsible for:
- Consistently providing service that exceeds the guest’s expectations.
- Ensuring guests enjoy safe, positive, enriching experiences.
- Demonstrating, teaching, and assisting guests in the use of safety equipment.
- Ensuring the correct fit, adjustments, and use of equipment before and during Element participation.
- Ensuring security rules are followed, without compromise.
- Monitoring Elements for risk management, as well as assessing and intervening when situations require (according to certified WildPlay guiding methods).
- Reporting incidents of inappropriate guest/co-worker behaviour to the Team Lead or Park Management.
- Reporting equipment/Element malfunctions or abnormalities to Team Lead or direct Supervisor.
- Learning the emergency plan.
- Performing site maintenance, such as landscaping or grounds-keeping, along with other duties assigned by Team Lead.
- Participating as a positive and self-driven member of the WildPlay clan.
Required Qualifications and Skills
The Adventure Course Guide must possess the following qualifications and skills:
- Proven experience in delivering excellent customer service.
- Ability to consistently deliver high standards of work in outdoor, all-weather conditions.
- Unfailing attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good judgment, and strong decision-making skills.
- Ability to act independently and as part of a team.
- A police vulnerable sector check is required for employment consideration. An entry on your record will not automatically prevent a person from obtaining employment. For details on offenses that we consider relevant or concerns please contact [email protected]
- A positive attitude and openness to feedback.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
Knowledge and experience in adventure recreation (either as a participant or through previous employment experience).
Reports directly to the Adventure Course Team Lead and the Element Supervisor.
Works a flexible schedule of full or part time work, according to the need of the business, working both evenings, weekends and holidays.
For further details on the postion, including how to apply, please visit the website above.