Hilton Hotel & Suites Niagara Falls/Fallsview is currently seeking a talented Executive Chef who specializes in authentic Italian Cuisine for our upcoming restaurant facility scheduled to open in Spring 2019. Our focus will be on providing an Italian inspired menu which will be rustic yet refined. Our open style kitchen requires a chef who can immerse guests in an experience that is fresh and vibrant, with engaging service and impressive cuisine. This Chef will be responsible for creating our menu and leading the culinary production. The Chef will also be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Managing kitchen shift operations and ensuring compliance with all Food & Beverage policies, standards and procedures
- Exhibiting culinary talents by personally performing tasks while leading the staff and managing all food related functions
- Involved in developing, designing, and creating new recipes, menus and establishing presentation techniques
- Plan and price menus and standardize production recipes to ensure consistent quality
- Ensuring compliance with food handling, storage and sanitation standards along with proper equipment operation/maintenance in the kitchen
- Estimating food consumption and requisition and ensuring proper flow of food purchase
- Managing budget goals as per business demands and ensuring proper flow of expenses
- To fill in logbook Daily, listing covers, features and observations, and report general shift duties
- Monitoring labor levels and supervising kitchen personnel with responsibility for hiring, disciplining, managing performance and maintaining collaborative relationships with employees
- Constantly updating your knowledge and skills for the good of the establishment and the profession
- Responsible for communicating with Managers, Sous Chefs and Chef Des Parties to ensure smooth running of all kitchen
What are we looking for?
An Executive Chef serving Hilton Worldwide Brand hotels and vacations are always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. We look for demonstration of these values:
H Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences
I Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time
L Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities
T Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do
O Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions
N Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
- Post secondary education in Culinary Arts
- Completion of three-year apprenticeship program or equivalent of formal training
- Minimum of 10 years progressive experience in a high caliber dining room specializing in authentic Italian cuisine
- Excellent Knowledge of current culinary trends
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional leadership skills, with the ability to mentor and develop the culinary team
- Canadian Cooks Certificate with Inter-Provincial Red Seal or recognized International equivalent
- Required to provide a certificate proving completion of the Health and Safety Awareness Training for Workers (e-course provided by the Ministry of Labour)
This job posting is not exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an Executive Chef will be asked to perform from time to time. This list is only a sample; an Executive Chef may be required to perform other duties.
Hospitality Fallsview Holdings Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Hospitality Fallsview Holdings Inc. will provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.
For further details on the postion, including how to apply, please visit the website above.