In this one of a kind, fine dining winery restaurant, the Executive Chef is responsible for the effective and efficient organization and operation of this fine dining establishment, including both culinary and service operations and delivery.
The successful candidate is responsible for all aspects of the restaurant, including menu creation , training and delivery and co-ordination of wine pairing through dedicated sommelier services, revenue, budgeting, costing, equipment, hiring/staffing, restaurant promotions, through both direct reports and shared services offered through the Falls Avenue Resort.
- Minimum of 3 (three) to 4 (four) years’ accomplished experience in a related fine dining Executive Chef setting
- Previous responsibility in directing service staff in addition to culinary staff preferred
- Outstanding culinary skills required.
- Demonstrate commitment and passion to maximizing guest satisfaction in each stage of the guest experience
- Establishes immediate credibility with guests and staff – leads all staff by example
- Demonstrate willingness/enjoyment to attend to the needs of others
- Previous budgeting and P& L experience required
- Demonstrate the ability to maintain professional composure at all times, regardless of issue, while performing multiple tasks among staff, multiple items/products
- Employ persuasion and influence to initiate and/or resolve matters
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Must have outstanding attention to detail especially as it pertains to food quality and presentation, supervising staff to ensure recipes, proportions and procedures are being followed
- Demonstrate the ability to lead/supervise a small team of restaurant management staff
- Ability to set high performance standards/ targets for each aspect of the operation, and demonstrates urgency to achieve critical goals and objectives
- Develop all staff on key objectives to the best of their personal capabilities and directs staff in an efficient and forthright manner
- Ability to supervise, direct, motivate and encourage staff to build and sustain a positive team environment
- Excellent organizational and time management skills as well as the ability to work effectively under pressure
- Demonstrate personal involvement and supervision to ensure the workplace is safe for all guests and staff
- Enforces all health and safety/sanitation standards
- Demonstrate knowledge and conversational ability to train staff to effortlessly provide exceptional guest experiences
- Will be able to complete team performance evaluations and reviews by providing feedback and conducting daily score cards/ ‘secret shopper’
For further details on the postion, including how to apply, please visit the website above.