he Facilities Services worker is responsible for ensuring high standards are maintained in the areas of custodial and event set up and tear downs and grounds keeping. This role is responsible for cleaning and maintaining the public areas, bathrooms, and meeting space; set-up and tear-down of events, snow removal, some gardening and any related duties as required. Hours are variable depending upon event schedule.
Job Type / Category
- Working with the Facilities team to ensure events run smoothly in the areas of set up, tear down, water service and custodial tasks;
- Providing routine carpet maintenance, steam cleaning, spot cleaning and minor repairs to carpets;
- Maintaining public and back of house areas to high standards of cleanliness, including cleaning, sweeping, dusting, polishing, scrubbing, stripping and waxing of all floor/wall finishes in public space, kitchen areas, offices, storage areas, meeting rooms, exhibition space, entrances, stairwells inside and outside of the facility;
- Washing windows inside and out;
- Ensuring washrooms, counters and fixtures are spotless, and supplies are replenished;
- Using hand-tools or small powered equipment applicable to the task with confidence;
- Delivering, removing and setting up tables, chairs and various furniture in meeting rooms, public spaces, ballroom, theatre, offices, exhibit halls and outside;
- Working outside ensuring all property is well maintained, safe and secure, to include but not limited to, pressure washing/snow removal of parking lots, roads & sidewalks, cutting grass, picking up garbage, emptying garbage cans;
- Reporting any damage to the facility and its equipment to the Supervisor.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Ability to satisfy all requirements for multiple events occurring simultaneously;
- Dealing tactfully and working effectively with clients, other employees, and members of the public;
- Ability to think quickly and make confident decisions during emergencies;
- Available and able to work weekends, evenings and holidays;
- Ability to pick up and carry loads over 50 pounds is a must;
- Identify potential problems and communicate as necessary to take corrective action;
- Proven experience establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with various clients/customers/visitors utilizing the facility;
- Ability to work autonomously;
- Team player who exhibits initiative, team involvement and helpfulness;
- Knowledge of building cleaning practices, methods, supplies and equipment;
- Ability to read, write and speak fluently in English;
- First Aid, CPR, WHMIS training with possession of valid certificate;
- Experience in setting up / tearing down of events, meeting rooms, and public spaces are preferred;
- Experience in the hospitality or tourism industry is highly desirable.
Job Type: Part-time
- Facilities: 1 year (Required)
- Niagara Falls, ON (Preferred)
- Driver's Licence (Preferred)
- English (Required)
For further details on the postion, including how to apply, please visit the website above.