For the first time in twelve years, we have a premiere opportunity for a General Manager for one of the most identifiable themed restaurants in the world. The Hard Rock experience is everything about great food, cool music and exceptional merchandise and you get to put your own spin on this iconic business. Think you got what it takes to run this amazing business …. we want to hear from you.
What are you waiting for, apply now!!!
Reporting to the Director of Operations for Canadian Niagara Hotels, the General Manager will ensure courteous and superior quality service is provided to all customers. The GM is responsible for creating and driving a profitable, efficient and safe restaurant environment where entertaining and professional level of service is provided to resort families and guests in an effective and dynamic manner through highly responsive supervisory and dining staff. The GM will strive to create and motivate knowledgeable, helpful, and cheerful supervisory and non-supervisory staff, dedicated to exceeding guest satisfaction and operating revenue targets. The GM will create annual and semi-annual restaurant business plans, strategies, and controls, including cost-benefit analysis of equipment, products/services, revenue maximization, management and supervisory skill assessment. Recruit, hire, train, develop, schedule, evaluate and counsel management and team members. Ensure quest satisfaction strategies and tactics are effective. Apply and ensure all operating equipment and cash control standards and systems are used. Complete inventory checks and departmental reports. Manage the dining room floor and room service, as required, to ensure that operations are effectively and efficiently carried out cooperating with other departments.
- Previous experience as a General Manager in a comparable restaurant environment
- Five years of progressive employment in a Restaurant
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to negotiate, convince, sell, and influence the Food and Beverage management team as well as working along with, and in co-operation with other hotel and resort managerial personnel, hotel guests, and /or corporate clients
- Commitment and passion to maximizing guest satisfaction in each stage of the guest experience
- Establishes immediate credibility with guests and staff – leads all staff by example
- Demonstrate willingness/enjoyment to attend to the needs of others
- Contributes to the profitability and guest satisfaction perception of other hotel departments
- Approachable and establishes immediate credibility with guests and staff
- Demonstrate the ability to maintain professional composure at all times, regardless of issue, while performing multiple tasks among staff, multiple guests/multiple items/products
- Employs persuasion and influence to initiate and/or resolve matters
- Demonstrate the ability to lead/supervise a large team of operating staff
- Establish ambitious restaurant goals and standards and demonstrates urgency to achieve critical goals and objectives
- Develop all staff to the best of their personal capabilities
- Demonstrate personal involvement and supervision to ensure the workplace is safe for all guests and staff. Enforces all health and safety/sanitation standards
- Set the primary example to all Food and Beverage management and staff with respect to outstanding attention to detail, passionate and responsive service to our guests
- Manage in compliance with established resort policies and procedures as well as local, provincial and federal laws and regulations
- Implement and manage all related resort programs to ensure compliance with the Standard Operating Procedures including safety and sanitary, licensing, and all related federal and local regulations to ensure optimal levels of service are provided to the guest
For further details on the postion, including how to apply, please visit the website above.