Guest Service Agent (Full Time Seasonal)
Niagara Falls Marriott on the Falls is currently looking for a Guest Service Agent, in our Front Office Operations. Reporting to the Front Office Manager, this position is responsible for performing a variety of activities to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the Front Office. This includes:
- To greet and welcome guests upon arrival
- Register guests into the computer system
- Verify reservation, address, and credit card information
- Handle room keys for in house guests, ensuring that the Company’s security procedures are adhered to.
- Accept payment for all guests’ accounts both at the time of registration and at checkout
- Departure duties including friendly and efficient checkout of guest as well as expressing desire for return business.
- Maintain a house bank and make a deposit and accurate report of receipts daily
- Cash cheques and exchange currency for guests
- Issue key to and control safety deposit boxes
- Post miscellaneous charges as requested
- Answering guest inquires in a timely and accurate manner.
- Contribute to achieving the loyalty of our guests by exceeding their expectations and providing warm professional service.
- Handle guest complains and comments in a professional manner and provide the follow up required to co-workers and leaders.
- To be aware and informed of rate/sell levels and seasons, contracted rates, packages and promotions.
- Pre-arrival duties including blocking rooms with respect to special requests, loyalty member guests and large room types.
- Clear and concise pass-on communication with all associates coming on to the next shifts.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills when dealing with guests both internally and externally.
- Must have a genuine hospitality ‘gene’ and the drive.
- Demonstrated professional telephone manners.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and the ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as cooperatively within a team setting.
- Must be able to stand and exert well paced mobility
- Provide a high standard of customer service.
- Attention to detail.
- Previous Front Desk experience an asset
- Outstanding attention to detail – both personal grooming/appearance and in properly identifying guest’s needs, demeanor, and level of required service attention.
For further details on the postion, including how to apply, please visit the website above.