Reporting to the Executive Housekeeper, this position will assist in the effective and efficient day-to-day operation of the department.Candidates will be responsible for developing and coaching a diverse team of housekeeping colleagues in aiming to surpass the department’s goals for providing the highest level of guest satisfaction, by ensuring staff consistently exceed guest expectations, making sure results are achieved in accordance with the objectives, performance and quality standards established by the Company.
Conduct regular inspections of guest rooms, public spaces, back of house, storage and supply rooms for adherence to cleanliness standards. Ensure the highest level of guest service through the application of all corporate and property standards and policies. Recruit, select, train, supervise and counselling staff. Assist in departmental administrative tasks such as guest lost and found inventories and retrieval. Assist staff complete rooms as required. Restock and re-order housekeeping supplies as well as any other duties as assigned by the Executive Housekeeper.
- Commitment and passion to maximizing guest satisfaction in each stage of the guest experience, particularly as they pertain to exceptional standards of cleanliness and order
- Approachable and establishes immediate credibility with guests and staff – leads all staff by example
- Willingness and enjoyment to attend to the needs of others
- Demonstrate the ability to maintain professional composure at all times, while performing multiple tasks among staff, multiple guests/multiple items/products
- Employ persuasion and influence to initiate and/or resolve matters
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate the ability to lead/supervise a large team of cleaning professionals
- Set high priorities/standards and demonstrates urgency to achieve critical goals and objectives
- Develops all staff to the best of their personal capabilities
- Directs staff in an efficient and forthright manner
- Demonstrate personal involvement and supervision to ensure the workplace is safe for all guests and staff
- Enforces all health and safety/sanitation standards
- Demonstrate knowledge and conversational ability to train staff to effortlessly provide exceptional guest experiences
- Outstanding attention to detail – both personal grooming/appearance and in properly ensuring housekeeping cleanliness standards are maintained at all times
- Demonstrate the ability to work cooperatively within a team setting to anticipate and assist to another Associate’s guest’s needs
- Ability to quickly respond to changing work volume with high-energy level and speed
- Ability to work all shifts including days/evenings/weekends and holidays
- Previous Supervisory experience preferred
For further details on the postion, including how to apply, please visit the website above.