The Kitchen Manager is responsible for recruiting, developing and driving a dedicated team of culinary staff to maximize the Themed Restaurant’s Kitchen efficiency and effectiveness. This objective is achieved through the effective and efficient business planning, budgeting, organizing, staffing, directing and controlling of both the kitchen operation and its staff.
Responsible for ensuring service teams provide passionate, sophisticated, attentive and guest-focused food and beverage service at all times in alternating family/group tour/dining restaurant atmospheres. Focus is to ensure consistent and timely food preparation in an efficient and cost effective manner, continually looking for ways to increase revenue and decrease cost, with compliance to all brand standards and applicable Federal, Provincial and Municipal regulations (Public, Health and Safety, Fire, WHIMIS etc.). Must be a working manager with a hands on approach.
- Commitment and passion to maximizing guest satisfaction in each stage of the guest experience. Establishes immediate credibility with guests and staff – leads all staff by example
- Leadership skills; excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to maintain professional composure at all times, while performing multiple tasks among staff, multiple guests/multiple items/products
- Employ persuasion and influence to initiate and/or resolve matters
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills as well as the ability to work effectively under pressure
- Well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills in order to determine cause, effect, and continuous improvement as it pertains to kitchens operations
- Knowledge and conversational ability to train staff to effortlessly provide exceptional guest experiences. Train and correct staff, as required, in order to ensure all staff operate at a consistent level of performance
- Previous experience in creating, analyzing and responding to departmental business plans, budgets and expenses (including labour control and utilization)
- Management experience in restaurant setting in a high volume establishment
- Develops all staff to the best of their personal capabilities
- Demonstrates personal involvement and supervision to ensure the workplace is safe for all guests and staff
- Resolve guest complaints in an efficient and courteous manner
- Demonstrate professional telephone manners
- Excellent attention to detail and personal standards in order to set an appropriate standard to all supervisory and reservations staff
- Post-Secondary education in a related field or the equivalent in education and experience
- Willingness to work all shifts including days/evenings/weekends and holidays
- Knowledgeable with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Previous Supervisory or Management experience in Food and Beverage and hospitality is preferred
For further details on the postion, including how to apply, please visit the website above.