Manager, International Tour & Travel Trade
Niagara Falls Tourism6815 Stanley Avenue , Niagara Falls Ontario Canada, L2G 3Y9
About the Position
Niagara Falls Tourism is the tourism marketing organization for Niagara Falls, Ontario. A passionate team leads the marketing of Niagara Falls’ incredible experiences around the world. Our mission: a world-class destination that brings prosperity to the Niagara Region. Niagara Falls Tourism strives to empower individual passion and build inspirational leaders while working together as ONE TEAM. If you want to be part of an organization with strong corporate values, passionate team members and a great culture, Niagara Falls is the destination for you.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Manager, International Tour & Travel Trade is responsible for the development and implementation of a brand-integrated sales plan that influences visitation and supports the marketing of Niagara Falls as a tourism destination through key travel trade channels in designated markets.
This is a critical position in the travel trade as it fosters relationships and aligns partnerships amongst Niagara Falls Tourism, travel trade accounts, Niagara Falls industry stakeholders and our provincial and national partners. Responsible for developing and implementing consumer-oriented advertising initiatives with trade partners, tradeshows, sales missions, familiarization tours, product trainings and other initiatives for the travel trade industry.
- Plan and execute domestic & international travel trade initiatives as assigned. (specifically in the regions of the US, Mexico and identified key European markets)
- Establish and maintain an effective professional network through representation at national and international trade shows and sales arenas.
- Oversee the planning and execution of sales missions and special projects targeting key markets utilizing the participation of Niagara Falls Tourism members and partners.
- Maximize destination impact by soliciting and coordinating member participation in client presentations, sales calls and appropriate follow-up.
- Design, develop and implement promotions that utilize the combined resources of the membership and Niagara Falls tourism to increase favorable destination impact on the major producers of Niagara Falls Tourism.
- Develop and maintain contacts with major travel industry leaders in Niagara Falls, Ontario and nationally through phone calls, correspondence and meetings, and by making personal calls in key market areas.
- Track the return-on-investment for all activities and report on this ROI to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Generate department reports as needed for internal and external stakeholders of Niagara Falls Tourism.
- Maintain detailed and accurate records in the CRM for travel trade prospects and clients.
- Consistent follow up with assigned travel trade accounts and tracking of services and leads/referrals for the department and partners.
The ideal candidate will have a visitor and service oriented attitude, backed up by a proactive approach and a strong drive for results. In your daily business you show flexibility, display a high level of integrity and professionalism to both colleagues and clients. You have a track record in exceeding targets with the ability to identify, implement, execute and measure sales strategies and account plans
- Minimum of five years professional experience in the tourism industry, including working with international tour operators and media.
- Ability to communicate and work well with partner entities including Canada-wide DMOs, provincial and national tourism marketing organizations and other tourism partners.
- Must be able to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to work independently, handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Post-secondary education in marketing, hospitality, tourism or related field.
- Previous experience in sales and trade show management including project management, promotion of events and programs, industry attendance organization, event coordination, etc.
- Ability to make presentations to small and large groups.
- Must be able to speak, read and write English. Ability to speak, read and write Spanish & French is preferred.
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally approximately 50% of the time.
- Experience with both International travel and coordinating group travel preferred.
- Ability to manage a flexible work schedule including nights and weekends as dictated by the role.
How to Apply
If this positions suits your skills experience and personal attributes, we want to talk to you! Please apply by emailing your resume and a cover letter outlining why you are a great candidate to Dianne Tainsh ([email protected]).