This position is responsible for effectively and efficiently performing a variety of value-added activities directed towards optimizing the centralized procurement process for the various business units of the Resort. The individual will work with the Purchasing team of 3-4 and report to the Director of Purchasing. The role will have direct responsibility for implementing and maintaining the new Purchasing/Workflow system throughout the Resort and related business units.
- Evaluate and validate business unit requests prior to purchasing, including identifying supplier options and other cost reduction opportunities wherever possible.
- Ensure that purchase specifications and commercial terms are clearly defined and adhere to Resort purchasing policies, procedures and approvals.
- Negotiate with vendors, on individual purchases and during contract development, to establish best competitive pricing and payment terms.
- Build and maintain good relationships with key vendors and identify new suppliers in various applicable markets that can improve costs/value/service.
- Leadership role in implementing the new Purchasing/Workflow system, ensuring best configuration, roll-out to departments including testing and training, resolving issues, etc.
- Working with key stakeholders, develop standard corporate best practices that will be consistently applied through the new Purchasing system.
- Leverage new Purchasing system to fullest extent possible to ensure that internal processes are followed and supplier terms are adhered.
- Create new, and update existing contracts for assigned categories, based on standard products and services used in the company.
- Create and improve savings programs through analysis of product category usage. This typically includes a focus on the consolidation and standardization of purchased items to improve cost and efficiencies.
- Build and foster close working relationships with all operating departments to achieve company goals.
- Identify new opportunities to improve purchasing methods and reduce external spend
- Other duties and tasks as assigned
- Minimum 5 years of related experience in a similar management role.
- Previous experience in implementing a Purchasing/ electronic workflow system is preferred.
- Ability to work independently as well as cooperatively within department and company teams.
- SCMA (formerly PMAC) certification, or courses working towards completion, an asset.
- Commercial and financial acumen with strong negotiation skills. Basic knowledge of contract law an asset.
- Ability to find creative strategies based on detailed analysis of needs and market conditions.
- Experience in analyzing business processes to streamline and achieve higher efficiency and effectiveness.
- Self-motivated and results oriented. Able to maintain key schedule targets based on monitoring and reporting progress.
- Proven track record of initiating and realizing cost savings results and process improvements.
- Proficiency in Excel and other business software to collect, analyze and interpret data
- Preference to candidates who are located within a reasonable commutable distance
For further details on the postion, including how to apply, please visit the website above.