Niagara Falls Tourism is searching for a Marketing Intern to join the team for four months this summer - beginning on May 7, 2018.
As the Marketing Intern for Niagara Falls Tourism you will be responsible for assisting in the creating and maintaining a strong online presence for our company. Your role is to implement online marketing strategies primarily through social media accounts with a concerted focus in the following areas:
- Summer festivals and events for the Niagara Region including marquee events like; Comic Con, Canada Day, Canal Days
- Attractions and experiences throughout Niagara
- Historic Sites throughout Niagara including the Niagara Parks Properties
As a marketing intern, you will develop original content and suggest creative ways to attract more visitors to Niagara and extend their length of stay. Ultimately, you should be able to increase web traffic and customer engagement metrics aligned with broader marketing strategies.
Specific Activities & Tasks
- Research audience preferences and discover current trends
- Meet with industry partners to better understand the events, festivals and attractions that make Niagara an enticing destination for travellers
- Develop a content calendar for our social media channels with a strong focus on summer festivals and events, community celebrations and music festivals.
- Create, schedule, edit and distribute relevant content across social media platforms to attract new customers and increase public awareness.
- Analyze performance data as well as content and make necessary changes to achieve marketing objectives.
- Prepare monthly reports, analytics and KPI’s.
- Communicate via social media with customers on a daily basis.
- Aid in the development of digital marketing assets such as blogs and newsletters.
- Stay up-to-date with changes in all social platforms ensuring maximum effectiveness
- Source image and video collateral both user generated through CrowdRiff and on own
- Weekly audit of description, imagery and pricing for attractions + accommodations on our booking engine
- Member profile quality audits
- Ensure the event calendar on Niagarafallstourism.com has an accurate event calendar using compelling imagery
- Curate and organize digital assets through content platforms (CrowdRiff, Website; Memeber Events, Listings, Content Cordination etc.)
- Assist with proofing all content posted to website and social media
Job Requirements (Skills, Qualifications)
- Eligible to Work in Canada
- Must be a student, returning to full time studies in the fall
- Strong organization skills, ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Strong customer service skills and effective communications both written and verbally
- Fluency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to manage a variety of activities simultaneously
- Familiarity with Facebook, Twitter and Instagram social media platforms
- Familiarity with social media analytics an asset
- Previous experience coordinating an editorial calendar an asset
- Experience in photography considered an asset
Additional Job Requirements / Information
- Access to vehicle with a valid driver's license
To apply email your resume and coverletter to: Dianne Tainsh, Human Resources Manager, [email protected]
For further details on the postion, including how to apply, please visit the website above.