Milestones restaurant is looking for an energetic, motivated and professional Host/Hostess to join their team. This position is responsible for performing a variety of activities to ensure courteous and quality service is provided to customers. This includes:
- Welcoming guests to Milestones with a pleasant greeting, ensuring their dining experience exceeds their expectations through attentive, personal service, and thanking them for their business
- Complete knowledge of Outlet offerings and the ability to sell our services
- Assist the supervisor in managing section assignments and reservations management
- To greet and seat guests warmly; answer telephones and take reservations
- Communicate to the Kitchen team reservation numbers and special requests
- Ensure tidy work areas
- Assist associates as required
- Fostering positive guest relations through personal interaction
- Answer guest inquires through verbal and written communication
- Maintain cleanliness of menus and accuracy of event signage
- Maintain all Health and Safety Standards and polices and procedures
- All other duties as assigned by Supervisor/ Manager
- Must have a genuine hospitality ‘gene’ and the drive to join a leading Milestones restaurant team.
- Energetic and enthusiastic.
- Outstanding attention to detail – both personal grooming/appearance and in properly identifying guest’s needs, demeanor, and level of required service attention.
- Previous Host/Hostess experience preferred.
- Must have excellent English language skills and be able to speak, read and understand at a professional level.
- Well organized and attention to detail.
- Pleasant telephone manner.
- Must be able to work well under pressure and unsupervised.
- Minimum Grade 12 or the equivalent in education and experience required.
- Must be available holidays and weekends.
Some Benefits Milestones Employees Enjoy:
- Complimentary daily staff meal.
- Immediate access to the Friends and Family hotel and dining discounts at any participating Marriott and Starwood brands hotels worldwide.
- Complimentary parking; complimentary bike storage facilities.
- Shower and locker facilities.
- Complimentary Company sponsored events.
- Personalized electronic access to your pay statements and annual T4 statements- accessible from the comfort of your own home, any computer, tablet or smartphone 24 hours per day, 7 days a week via. online.
Marriott on the Falls is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture, and welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Type: Part-time
For further details on the postion, including how to apply, please visit the website above.