Are you someone who is customer-focused who can create amazing experiences for guests visiting spectacular Niagara Falls? Are you an individual who thrives in a work environment where communication, teamwork and creativity are encouraged? If this describes you… then we may have a career opportunity that you are looking for.
Our Relief Captains lead the daily operation of the vessel with a focus on safety, security and creating amazing guest experiences. A flexible schedule is a must. Schedule includes evenings, weekends, holidays and some overtime.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- as the Master in command of the vessel, safely operates the vessel with due regard for the Hornblower Niagara Cruises (HNC) Safety Management System (SMS) and ISO Respect Management System, the Vessel Security Plan, proper Standards of Watch keeping and in accordance with the practice of good seamanship
- acts as a role model; directly supervises the Mate, Deckhands, and other crew members
- coaches and teaches crew members to assist them in their professional development
- routinely inspects all areas of the vessel for unsafe conditions, performs accident investigations, files accident investigation reports and makes safety announcements to ensure the safety and comfort of the crew and passengers
- fulfills the role of SVMO with all additional knowledge and responsibilities
- routinely conducts and records emergency drills
- maintains vessel operations and maintenance logs
- leads daily training talks set forth by the ISO, Safety Management System and Vessel Security Plan
- ensures that every person who is employed in a position on-board has the required Canadian maritime documents
Ideal Candidate Has:
- Master 150 Gross Tonnage, Domestic
- Small Vessel Machinery Operator (Training provided)
- current Marine Advanced First Aid
- current (within previous two (2) years) Transport Canada approved medical
- minimum five (5) years of commercial boat handling experience preferred
- customer service experience an asset
- knowledge of a foreign language is helpful
- post-Secondary education preferred
- familiarity with Microsoft Office an asset
- Ship Security Officer Certificate an asset
- current Ontario Driver’s license and satisfactory driving record an asset
- the ability to successfully complete a criminal background check
Hornblower Niagara Cruises is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate your needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application or interview processes, please contact the HR Operations Manager at 905-394-3118 for assistance.
For further details on the postion, including how to apply, please visit the website above.