The Reservations Agent has an important role at Hornblower Niagara Cruises. They are responsible for providing our phone-in guests with a level of service that anticipates their needs and exceeds their expectations by determining client requirements. Our Reservations Agent utilizes a number of different computer programs so an excellent working knowledge of computers is important for this role.
What you will do?
- use your computer experience to support our customers through the web, social media, mobile applications, email or chat applications
- utilize your sales or service phone experience from a service-oriented or call centre environment
- resolve a wide range of guest situations while working in a diverse yet structured environment
- demonstrate the ability to follow through on commitments while maintaining flexibility with assignments and scheduling needs
- multi-task in a fast paced environment, ability to provide product information, using sales skills to multiple guests simultaneously and maintain productivity goals of the department
- express creativity, work independently, be a self-starter and communicate in a conversational manner that promotes dialogue and establishes rapport
- work on a computer, navigating through multiple computer systems; demonstrates professional email etiquette
- determine the needs of the customer by working with them
- answer inquires by clarifying desired information; researching, locating, and providing information
- resolve problems by clarifying issues; researching and exploring answers and alternative solutions; implementing solutions; escalating unresolved problems
- fulfill requests by clarifying desired information; completing transactions; forwarding requests
- sell additional services by recognizing opportunities to up-sell accounts; explaining new features
- process all reservation requests, modifications and cancellations received by phone, email, fax and all other sources
- assist Group Sales with reservation requests, modification, and cancellations received by phone, email, fax and all other sources
We are looking for someone who has:
- O.S.S.D or equivalent as recognized by the Ministry of Education
- minimum of 1 year experience working in a service-oriented environment, preferably in call centre in the hospitality industry
- excellent verbal and communication skills
- proficient with computers and excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- ability to remain calm under pressure while working in a fast-paced environment
- excellent organizational, analytical and troubleshooting skills
- knowledge of another language in addition to English is preferred
- knowledge of the Niagara Region preferred
Hornblower Niagara Cruises is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate your needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application or interview processes, please contact the Manager, HR Operations at 905-394-3118 for assistance.
For further details on the postion, including how to apply, please visit the website above.