Reporting to the Restaurant Manager, this position is responsible for performing a variety of activities to ensure courteous and superior quality service is provided to all customers. While striving to create a venue staffed by knowledgeable, helpful, and cheerful staff, who are motivated on exceeding guest satisfaction and operating revenue targets. Candidates will be responsible for developing and coaching a diverse team of colleagues in aiming to surpass the department’s goals for providing the highest level of guest satisfaction, by ensuring staff consistently exceed guest expectations, making sure results are achieved in accordance with the objectives, performance and quality standards established by the Company.
Supervise the dining room floor, door, and staff, ensuring the highest level of guest service through the application of all corporate and property standards and policies. Recruiting, selecting, training, supervising and counseling/corrective disciplining of staff. Acting as liaison with other departments to ensure operations are effectively and efficiently carried out; ensuring that the dining room is fully operational in terms of both quality and service.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills when dealing with guests and employees both internally and externally
- Approachable and establishes immediate credibility with guests and staff – leads all staff by example
- Willingness/enjoyment for attending to the needs of others
- Demonstrate professional reception and telephone manners
- Demonstrate the ability to maintain professional composure at all times, while performing multiple tasks among staff, multiple guests/multiple items/products
- Develop all staff to the best of their personal capabilities
- Direct staff in an efficient and forthright manner
- Employ persuasion and influence to initiate and/or resolve matters
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and the ability to work under pressure
- Demonstrate knowledge and conversational ability to train staff to effortlessly provide exceptional guest experiences
- Train and correct staff, as required, in order to ensure all staff operate at a consistent level of performance
- Outstanding attention to detail – both personal grooming/appearance and in properly ensuring restaurant and staff cleanliness standards are maintained at all times
- Good mathematical skills and working knowledge of accounting principles and micros system
- Ability to quickly respond to changing work volume with high-energy level and speed
- Ability to work all shifts including days/evenings/weekends and holidays
- Previous restaurant and supervisory experience in a fine dining restaurant preferred
- Related College Diploma or the equivalent in education and experience
For further details on the postion, including how to apply, please visit the website above.