A Safety Services Team Member (Security) has an important role at Hornblower Niagara Cruises. They are responsible for ensuring the safety and comfort of both our guests and employees. Their key role is providing excellent customer service by initiating contact, answering questions and assisting guests throughout our property. The Safety Services Team Member is predominantly at entry points screening and providing the highest degree of customer service in all situations and interactions including orderly crowd control. The Safety Services Team Member will also assist the first responder in all incidents and emergencies on Hornblower Niagara Cruises properties and as needed on the vessels. The Safety Services Team Member is a front line position that contributes to creating amazing experiences for our guests that will last them a lifetime!
What will you do?
- provide excellent customer service! This is an absolute MUST!
- ensure the safety and security of guests and employees, assess behaviour, identify suspicious activity and potential threats
- provide instructions and information to guests
- interact with 3rd party service representatives
- assists with line management
- report writing
- work outside and inside
- carry out regular foot patrols, vehicle and screening assignments
- physically check all property points to ensure doors, gates and restricted areas are secure and monitored at all times including CCTV monitoring
- resolve guest complaints and discrepancies
- responsible for opening and closing procedures
- calmly and professionally respond and report medical, emergency or security threats
We are looking for someone who has:
- O.S.S.D. or equivalent as recognized by the Ontario Ministry of Education
- minimum of 2 years working experience in a customer service and sales environment, preferably in a hospitality environment
- minimum of 6 months security industry experience preferred
- minimum of St. John Ambulance or equivalent Standard First Aid with CPR C and AED endorsement
- the ability to deal with people in a service-oriented manner
- the ability to remain calm and perform duties under stressful conditions excellent organizational skills including experience in conflict resolution
- good written and verbal communication and customer engagement skills
- training in the use-of-force and verbal de-escalation is an asset
- knowledge of another language in addition to English would be considered an asset
- the ability to walk, stand and work in all types of weather conditions for extended periods
- must be willing to work all shifts including days/evenings/overnight shifts including weekends and holidays
Hornblower Niagara Cruises is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate your needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application or interview processes, please contact the Human Resources Generalist at 905-394-3118 for assistance.
For further details on the postion, including how to apply, please visit the website above.