We are currently seeking an Administrative Assistant who has a passion for excellence to support our Sales Team to attain Sales Goals in this key sales and service position.
Under the guidance of the Director of Sales, the Administrative Assistant’s responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Accountability to business results, our customers/guests, the team, and internal practices
- Offering engaging, prompt, accurate and professional service to both internal and external clients
- Assisting Account Directors and Sales Managers
- Follow efficient Sales Office procedures
- Accurate preparation of reports, file maintenance, proposals, contracts and correspondence
- Accurate preparation and distribution of client files to prepare for Group arrivals
- Accommodate inquiries by checking availability including systemic and reporting methods
- Maintain professionalism for productive use of time
- Work with other departments to provide quality service to our customers
- Maintain knowledge of Canadian Niagara Hotels’ products and services
Key competencies include professionalism, organizational skills, time management skills, communication skills, customer service focused, and quality awareness.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in hospitality or customer service related field
- Minimum of 1 year experience in administration experience
- University Degree/College Diploma preferred in Business Administration, Hotel or related major
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office specifically Outlook, Word and Excel
- Knowledge of any of the hotel sales systems (CI/TY or Delphi) preferred
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication and listening skills
- Professional presentation, telephone and written correspondence skills and manners
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships with Account Directors, Sales Managers and clients
- Highly motivated, driven and self-starter
- Outstanding attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills, including the ability to recognize and analyze problems and implement solutions
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and the ability to work under pressure
- Proven ability to multitask, maintain professional composure, remain flexible and prioritize activities to meet deadlines including coordinating several activities simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to set high priorities and standards, and demonstrates urgency to achieve critical goals and objectives
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high volume environment and respond quickly to changing needs
- All work and correspondence be treated with the highest level of confidentiality
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as cooperatively within a team setting
- The Administrative Assistant position is located within the Sales Office of Canadian Niagara Hotels at the Crowne Plaza Niagara Falls – Fallsview. Standard office hours are Monday – Friday 08:30 – 17:00.
- Assisting the Sales Office with daily function and other duties as assigned
For further details on the postion, including how to apply, please visit the website above.