The Scotiabank Convention Centre (SCCN) is looking for a dynamic professional to join our team as a Sales Coordinator. The successful candidate will report to the VP of Sales and Marketing and will be responsible for gathering details for Site Visits, Familiarization Tours, Client Receptions, Tradeshows, initial décor ideas, gifting, and other tasks required in the conversion of prospects into bookings. The ideal candidate for this position is someone who is passionate about their role within our organization; professional by nature; committed to achieving success; and accountable for themselves.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for sourcing, contacting, promoting and engaging potential / existing clients through a proactive approach including but not limited to Familiarization Tours, Client Receptions and more;
- Assisting in the achievement of the Sales Strategy as set by the Vice President of Sales and Marketing in association with the Sales Team goals;
- Providing input and ideas into sales initiatives and subsequently promoting them and monitoring responses;
- Gathering details and conceptualizing Client ideas while providing suggestions in materializing their ideas;
- Putting together proposals for events, based on estimates gathered by conducting research and contacting suppliers;
- Facilitating event execution ensuring that all details are understood and finalized prior to the event file being transferred to our Events Manager or third party event planner;
- Generating and completing internal/external work orders and rental supply orders; making sure that they are completed and signed off;
- Preparing all expense documentation for event settlements and assisting in the charting/tracking of event cost trends;
- Ensuring an efficient tracking system of all event paper work documentation;
- Acting as a liaison with team members; assisting and working together with the Team to achieve Sales Targets;
- Tracking and recording the progress of all enquiries and translating them into a monthly report that includes but is not limited to: the source of business trends, enquiry conversion rates, future predicted sales, and other reports as assigned by the Vice President of Sales and Marketing.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Attributes:
- Certificate in Event Management is required;
- Minimum of two years’ experience in Event Planning within the Convention Centre / Conference Management / Hospitality or related industry;
- The successful candidate will the first point of contact for our client experience, therefore must have the ability to create positive and enthusiastic first impression at all times;
- Must also possess a strong understanding of Business Communications with proven success in multiple Business Correspondences;
- Demonstrated ability to build, develop and strengthen professional relationships;
- Balance of assertiveness and judgement; must know when to consult or hold off on an immediate decision instead of promising something that cannot be delivered;
- Attention to detail is essential at all times to ensure the strongest delivery of excellent customer satisfaction;
- Time-management is vital along with having the ability to effectively manage a number of priorities while re-evaluating them at any given time;
- Excellent use of verbal and written communication skills including English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and comfortable with booking software (EBMS preferred);
- Ability to interpret and apply administrative and departmental policies and procedures;
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced Corporate environment;
- Availability to work evenings, weekends and holidays as required and support a 24/7 organization;
- Possession a valid Driver’s License.
How to Apply:
Email your resume and cover letter to: [email protected] with the subject heading “Sales Coordinator”. Scotiabank Convention Centre welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all candidates for their interest and will directly contact those selected for an interview.
For further details on the postion, including how to apply, please visit the website above.