What can I expect to do in this role?
During peak season and under the general supervision of the Manager, Niagara's Fury and Pop & Lolly's and within established policies, procedures, and guidelines; supports a variety of managerial functions to meet or exceed the acceptable standards of the Niagara Parks Commission management by ensuring high levels of customer service are maintained as well as understanding, implementing, and adhering to sound business practices relating to retail and attractions. Niagara Parks offers a salary of $21.27 to $23.93 per hour. A successful Police Information Check is required for the selected candidate. This position is placed in a location that operates year-round and has historically worked approximately 50 weeks per year. Applications for this position will be accepted until January 11, 2019.
How do I qualify?
- Community College Diploma in Business Administration and successful completion of NPC Training Program; and/or equivalent knowledge and experience.
- A minimum of three (3) years managerial experience, preferably in retail or tourism industries, and relevant communication and technical skills.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
FINANCE & ADMINISTRATION.
- Monitors the daily financial performance against budgetary standards, making necessary recommendations as required.
- Participates in hiring decisions and administers recommendations from the Manager, Niagara's Fury and Pop & Lolly's related to scheduling, corrective action, staff development, training, succession planning, and employee relations.
- Prepares and delivers staff performance appraisals.
- Makes recommendations for the continuous improvement of existing procedures, practices, and reporting methods.
- Supports measures to monitor and ensure high levels of customer service and related standards are achieved for the retail and attraction operations.
- Ensures that employees, contractors, etc. are provided with the required training and are working in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Technical Standards and Safety Act, Canadian Food Inspection Agency Act, Corporate Policies and Procedures, and the Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standard.
- Supports the Manager, Niagara's Fury and Pop & Lolly's in the investigation, determination, and implementation of the best course of action to ensure prompt and efficient customer service regarding inquiries/complaints from employees/public/etc.
- Supervises both unionized and non-unionized employees in a high-volume and often stressful environment.
- Participates in the improvement and change of product lines, store merchandising (display optimization and appropriate quantities), and signage as required in co-operation with the Manager, Niagara's Fury and Pop & Lolly's to maximize revenue per square foot.
- Ensures the attraction is safe and efficient while maximizing sales and profitability and enhancing the visitor experience.
- Assists in maintaining and updating all safety and operational records for the attraction.
- Monitors and records data with respect to sales productivity/labour costs, inventory control/shrinkage, sales revenues, and accident reports.
- Assists in maintaining a clean, orderly, and well-managed warehouse with efficient product storage.
- Supervises daily cash transactions for the retail and attraction operations including floats, billings, imprest funds, daily change orders, and cash audits.
- Supervises functions related to the sale and delivery of tickets and packages to visitors, including inventory, time-ticketing, reservations, and POS troubleshooting.
- Troubleshoots and maintains technical equipment required to operate the Niagara's Fury attraction within the scope of training provided and arranges for repairs as necessary.
- Acts in the capacity of the Manager, Niagara's Fury and Pop & Lolly's as required in his or her absence.
OTHER RELATED DUTIES
- Assists in any aspect of the daily retail and attraction operation as required.
- Ensures the security and cleanliness of NPC assets and property.
- Promotes a positive image of the Niagara Parks Commission.
- As assigned.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, visit www.niagaraparks.com/careers to create a profile and submit your resume.
1 Temporary - Seasonal, duration up to 50 weeks, Niagara Falls, West Region, Criminal Record Check, Local Police Databases Search
Compensation Group: Excluded
Understanding the job ad - definitionsSchedule: N/A
Category: Management and General
Posted on: Thursday, January 3, 2019
This posting is for an organization that is not a part of the Ontario Public Service. The information and tips on the Ontario Public Service Careers website may not apply to this posting. Please use the contact information below to contact the organization directly if you have questions.
In accordance with the Ontario Public Service (OPS), Employment Screening Checks Policy (ESCP), the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Refer to the above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position.
You will be responsible for obtaining the criminal record check at your own expense and provide it, along with your written consent, to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), Talent Acquisition Branch (TAB), HR Service Delivery Division (HRSDD) to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional employment screening checks that were not obtained directly by you. (Note: If a Vulnerable Sector Screening Check is required, it must also be obtained in person at your local police service).
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The employment screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual's employment screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Employment screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.
For further details on the postion, including how to apply, please visit the website above.