The primary role of the Senior Corporate Accounting Clerk is to provide support in areas of financial reporting, analytical support, and on-going process improvement. Other responsibilities include back-up support for other finance roles, preparing account reconciliations, and other projects as required.
The preferred candidate will be someone with excellent technical accounting knowledge, strong Microsoft Excel skills, solid communication skills, and an impeccable work ethic.
- Prepare and post journal entries and prepare periodic cheque requisitions with appropriate supporting documentation.
- Prepare monthly financial statements within assigned deadlines.
- Analyze month-end expenses in comparison to budget and prior periods with accurate and relevant explanations.
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations.
- Identify internal control issues, recommend improvements, and assist with developing and documenting new control policies and procedures.
- Identifying opportunities to realize efficiencies, increase revenues and/or reduce costs.
- Assist with preparing the annual budget and supporting the year-end audit.
- Driving the year-end process including necessary working papers and communications with external accountants.
- Provide financial analysis to support operational and finance objectives.
- Provide support to other team members as required.
- Provide back-up duties for other finance roles.
- Directing and assisting finance team members as required.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- University graduate with a major in Accounting, Finance, Commerce, or related area.
- A minimum of 3 years of progressive experience working in an accounting department, with responsibility for preparing monthly financial statements.
- Pursuing an accounting designation would be an asset.
- Experience working with Accpac/Sage 300 software would be an asset.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.), with advanced expertise in MS Excel (look-ups, pivot tables).
- Strong attention to detail, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven ability to support and work with operations staff and assist other team members.
- High energy level and able to quickly respond to changing work volumes/tasks.
- Must be located within a reasonable commutable distance.
For further details on the postion, including how to apply, please visit the website above.